Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Spambots/Bots

Forum Spambots/Bots

Hi Admin,

Apart from increasing your workload, are we, those of us logged onto the forum, at any security risk from these Bots?

There are 20 such Bots logged on atm. Given their user IDs are always in the same format, they are easy to spot.

They make me nervous and I often log out. Any reassurance you can offer?

Thanks,
    Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

I haven't a clue what you're talking about , Chimp, (the same as normal then);

What do the "Bots" format look like?

Love, the Cat
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi Sweetie,

Take a look at the Member List (in Community) and the first 2 pages are mostly these Bots.

User IDs are 10 digit, always starting with a number.

xx Chimp.

Forum Member
    Hi Ellie,
    Just had a look and I know what you mean. We had better keep our guard up for when the quacks start bombarding us with stuff. There was a weird one on here the other day and I got that feeling too. If the bots really want to do it they will in less than 5 mins. I think I will change my password.
    Best wishes

Forum Member
    Hi Ellie

What can these bots do here ?

Is it safe to log in ?

CCxox

See what you mean Ellie;

They are obvious and should be removed.

I don't know what risk they are Cc, or if we need to change our passwords Fru. I would think that it would not be a good idea at the moment but hopefully "Admin" will advise.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Yes, I agree with you Terry, we should wait for Admin to act. I couldn't find anywhere to change our login password, so perhaps they will look at that. The 'bots' just try to find out stuff about us such as our emails. These details get sold on so that we get phishing spam... nice : )
    Found the change password place now
    Last edited by Fru; 8th March 2017 at 22:50. Reason: Found change password place

Thank you all for raising this with us, we appreciate your concerns and are speaking with our hosting service.

Best wishes
    Moderator team

I am surprised, and somewhat worried, that you are not aware of Bots on the forum.

There are over 40 Bots listed as "Members" and one online atm; surely you can delete these???

Ellie.

Forum Member
    Hi Ellie, you are right
    Fru