Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum Spambots/Bots

I've got to say, I'm shocked that they have not been removed them today and us given some professional guidance.

Maybe it's just not a problem and it is safe.
    Last edited by Terry; 10th March 2017 at 00:32.
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keeps us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Terry

BOOTS ARE NEVER SAFE
    Guidance .... I know one...

ALWAYS LOG OFF FROM FORUM
    Max

@@@@@@@@@

MND is stowaway on My life journey.
    Take free ride but I'M DRIVER HERE!!!!

@@@@@@@@@

Hi Max

Can these bots cause a virus in your computer ??

xox
    May God grant you always.. a sunbeam to warm you, a moonbeam to charm you, a sheltering Angel so nothing can harm you, Laughter to cheer you, Faithful friends near you, and whenever you pray Heaven to hear you -

I Googled bot stuff here's one important thing I found. Confusing to me but most computer stuff is to me. Are there people behind these bots controlling them ????

So What Can You Do to Protect Yourself From Malicious Bots?

1. Scan your computer with a Second Opinion Scanner

Many anti-virus programs don't detect bot net-related software. Consider installing a using a second opinion scanner such as Malwarebytes to see if your primary anti-virus might have missed something.

2. Don't click links or give out any personal info when chatting online with strangers

While you might be trying to put yourself out there in the dating world you should never give out any personal information while chatting to anyone online. Even when talking on Facebook, if you notice something odd about a question your friend is asking you, call or text them to see if it is really them.
    May God grant you always.. a sunbeam to warm you, a moonbeam to charm you, a sheltering Angel so nothing can harm you, Laughter to cheer you, Faithful friends near you, and whenever you pray Heaven to hear you -

Hi CC ....
    Bots are commonly used by hackers/scammer. Always are someone behind them.
    Wery common purpose to make Bots are to "harvest " operation power to crack access to company servers or hack some different sources of very sensitive information.. like US Democrats party or crash internet like in 2016.
    Well... Bots are pain in bottom, and big NONO for everyone who know how to use them.
    BTW remember Seti Project?? This was first Global Bots project
    Max

@@@@@@@@@

@@@@@@@@@

Hi Max, and thanks for additional info.

Scary stuff these bots.

Indeed I think I'm now going to blame these bots as well for helping elect President Lunatic !!

xox

It is noteworthy that Admin MNDA has not been online since 12.17 yesterday.

In fact nobody from the forum has been online for almost 30 hours, which is not unusual but, given there are live issues, It's somewhat worrying.

Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.

Scary?? not really. Powerful..Yes
    Bots aren't always on. They Are waked up when Host need them.
    Max

@@@@@@@@@

@@@@@@@@@

Hi Max

Powerful indeed, especially with the intent to do harm.

xox

Thank you all for your patience. Firstly please be assured that we have various members of the team with seed accounts which moderate the forum throughout the day, either by logging in or viewing the forum as a guest. The Admin_MND account is not always logged in as the team will only need to do so when undertaking certain moderation duties.

We have reviewed the accounts that have been described as “bots” and are working to delete them from the system. We want to reassure users that these accounts have likely been created by an automated process designed to simply register dummy accounts for the purposes of causing systems to slow down. Such accounts do not receive full access privileges and we do not believe they represent a threat to data security. They are “spam” that clogs up the system rather than any level of automated script or “malware”.

We are working with the provider of the forum software to understand how we can improve the spam filters to block such automated registrations from happening.

Best wishes
    Moderation team