Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stem Cell

Forum Member
    Sorry to hear that Mikey. I am currently in Moscow at Swiss Medica who do stem cell therapy. I am having Edaravone treatment, as my symptoms are early stages, and Edaravone works mainly early stage. I know somebody who had stem cell here 8 months ago, who said his bulbar symptoms have not progressed. Trouble is, the disease is different with everyone, so results aren't always reliable.
    wishing your dad the best of luck. If you decide on anywhere, please let me know, as stem cell is the next thing I am considering.
    Steve

Forum Member
    My email address is [email]*/email]
    Last edited by Admin_MND; 31st March 2017 at 09:35. Reason: Breach of forum rule 6.6 - disclosure of personal information

Forum Member
    Hi Steve. Thanks for the reply and the kind words. I really do hope that what you are having really really helps you.
    I will flick you an email. Or I am on Skype so if you would like to chat at anytime then please add me: *

I did have a conversation on skype with one of the representatives of the clinic in Thailand and he seemed very nice and very informative.
    The next stage for us would be to send my dad's med records and then they can asses and make the decision to see if you he is ok for treatment.
    Hopefully chat to you soon Steve.
    Best, Mike.
    Last edited by Admin_MND; 31st March 2017 at 09:35. Reason: Breach of forum rule 6.6 - disclosure of personal information

Forum Member
    Hi Mikey,
    Yes definitely email me. I would love to hear about your dad's stem cell progress.I have just heard that there will be a UK man here in Swiss Medica Moscow having stem cell in about 10 days. I will let you know how he gets on.
    Steve

Hi Steven - how did you get on with the stem cell treatment, any improvement?

Redders

Forum Member
    Hi Redders,
    I didn't have stem cell treatment in the end. There were too many patients who had no notable positive response for their stem cell treatment, or when I asked the stem cell clinic for contacts of successful patients, they stopped responding.

The only two clinics that satisfied me with their responses were Unique Access in Thailand, and Swiss Medica in Moscow.

The jury's out for me as to whether stem cell would benefit me.
    Last edited by Steven A Williams; 21st July 2017 at 09:01.

Forum Member
    Hi Steven
    I was diagnosed with MND/ALS just over 8 weeks ago and I'm new to the forum - it's my first post.
    I've been looking at the available treatment options and Edaravone looks the most suitable for me at present. I've made initial contact with SwissMedica (via TheSocialMedWorks) and they are offering treatment in Serbia or Moscow, but i've not taken it further at present.
    I would really like to hear how you've got on and any advice you can give would be great.

Hi Guy and welcome to the forum;

I guess the diagnoses is still very raw but hopefully you've got over the shock.

There are a few threads on Edaravone including this recent one:-

http://forum.mndassociation.org/show...ight=Edaravone

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keeps us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Welcome Guy

You will find a lot of great support, knowledge, advice, comfort and friendship from the members of this forum.

All the best to you.

CCxx
    Love feels no burden, thinks nothing of trouble, attempts what is above its strength, pleads no excuse of impossibility; for it thinks all things lawful for itself, and all things possible.

Forum Member
    Hi Guy,
    Welcome to the forum. There's a lot to come to terms with in the initial months - I know because that's where I am!
    The forum is a good place to come to if anything worries you because there's always someone to listen and respond. Terry and CC are great responders - I browse at some point almost everyday and they always have good ideas!
    Take care,
    Bern x