Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just a quick hello

Kernowcluck
    Hello Katrina, it is good to hear from you again. I guess it is still early days since you lost your dad and I don't think you ever get over such a loss completely but it gets a little easier with time. You and your dad were very lucky to have each other and I'm sure you made his life so much easier. This really is a pig of a disease I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy . I find the emotional side is as bad as the physical problems and there are some days where I can't even come on this forum as I cannot bear to think Beyond my own issues. I don't mean this to sound selfish but there is a limit to what one can cope with at times . However I often lay awake at night and think of the MND family and hope that they are sleeping peacefully.
    Love to you all KC

Hey Terry,, nice to see hear from you. Are you keeping alright?,, I do hope that dude is alright, I do miss the banter and hat chat on here sometimes, be nice to CC and let her have number 9 lol x

Hiya KC,, nice to hear from you, I hope you keeping as well as you can be. It isn't sill very early days and hopefully over time it will change, there is good and bad days. I get good dreams off him now n again which is nice .

I don't think your selfish at all, you can only cope with so much and only you can decide when you need that break and what things you can deal with.... Katrina x

Forum Member
    Hi Katrina, I've just posted on another thread that I was thinking of you this morning! It's good to hear from you.

Hiya Miranda,, that's really nice to hear that, I think of the people on this forum often, just couldn't face coming on much tho, il have to pop in more often. I sometimes think that my advice wouldn't be up to date for people as things move so fast medically ... katrina x

ccinjersey
    LOL now you made me laugh Kitty

Terry nice to me ??? LoL

He is brutal on that chess board, and hunts down my Queen to chop off her head!

It took me nine months to get my 8th win Kitty, so I'm expecting number 9 around Christmas time! lol I do have 10 Draws too so that keeps me hopeful and still very determined

Your advice and knowledge is always welcomed so come back here when you can too.

CCxox

WendyWooG
    Hi Katrina
    Lovely to hear from you, sorry to hear Conner has been in hospital but pleased he is feeling a bit better now.

I am doing ok, I am off my legs now so getting very closely acquainted with Harry the Hoist. We have carers starting in the next few weeks which will make a big difference for the family

Wendy xx

harryk
    Hi Katrina,
    It's nice to see you reconnecting with old friends. I am rather new here as my diagnosis was just this year. Everyone has been positive, uplifting, and very friendly. I introduced myself just last week so you can find my story if you like.

Harry K.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina36 View Post
    Hiya Miranda,, that's really nice to hear that, I think of the people on this forum often, just couldn't face coming on much tho, il have to pop in more often. I sometimes think that my advice wouldn't be up to date for people as things move so fast medically ... katrina x
    As well as medical issues, people value input on practical and emotional ways of coping. So those who have been there, got the t shirt have lots to contribute. My energy levels and crappy fingers now make it hard work to contribute as often as before. No doubt, in time, many former carers move away from the forum but it's always good to hear from them occasionally.

Hi Wendy, good to hear your getting done carets in to help, I think dad struggled with this, and felt embarrassed, I just wish he did feel like he was a burden coz he wasn't. I hope you feel like you can accept there help without the same feelings cx