Thread: New guide to getting the right care

New guide to getting the right care

We are delighted to announce the launch of our new publication, What you should expect from your care.

This small booklet can be carried in a pocket, purse or wallet. It features key points from the NICE guideline on motor neurone disease to help open discussions with professionals about treatment and care.

NICE guidelines are produced by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Each guideline offers recommendations to help health and social care professionals better support a specific condition, like MND.

The aim of our new pocket booklet is to help people gain better outcomes at appointments and raise awareness for the new guideline.

You cover so much in this little leaflet that is essential to a newly diagnosed person.

Carer, supporting a person with MND

If people feel they are not receiving appropriate care, the booklet links to the following web page to help them find support: www.mndassociation.org/mycare

Further details about the guideline can be found in our information sheet 1A NICE guideline on motor neurone disease (MND).

You can order a printed copy of the new pocket booklet or other publications from
    our MND Connect helpline.

Well done MNDA. This is a great information tool for us and I will be copying and pasting the relevant information into my speech app.

Barry
    Im going to do this even if it kills me!