• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barry52
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2012

Hi CC,

Didn't have you down as a hippie. Maybe this song about the effects of banned substances on the mind is your kind of sarcasm lol. If only we had a magic drug!

I did intend to include one of my favourite songs and dedicate it to you but it would appear to have been removed from
    YouTube. New York Minute by Don Henley. There are other versions but this is the best

Barry x
    Last edited by Barry52; 4 April 2017, 14:10.
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• ccinjersey

LOL that's funny Barry

You right not a hippy dippy, just a wack-a-doodle. Do know the music of that era even though it was way before my time lol I was just looking for Monday, and Tuesday songs.

I promise I'll try to finish out the week without getting us all stoned ! (although not a bad idea )

Thanks for thinking of me. I know New York Minute by Don Henley. I love his voice, very unique. 'Desperado' one of my favorites by him he sings it with such a tender passion.

xox

Comment

• ccinjersey

This one is for you Barry & All

It covers the week, and as promised Barry no drugs involved, just a little too much drinking Saturday night

Comment

• Terry
          Forum Member
          • May 2012

What will you do when Sunday is gone, Cc;

Go onto months?

Love Terry
          TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• ccinjersey

HAHAHAHA good one !

Yep got it covered Dedicated to you Terry

Comment

• Terry
              Forum Member
              • May 2012

Nice one Cc
              TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Barry52
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2012

Hi CC,

I know you're a spring chicken and I assumed you were musically influenced by your parents. Thanks for the Bob Seger choice. I have night moves on my iPod. Great voice and similar style to Bruce Springsteen who I know you like.

The interviewer in your Neil Sedaka video is a bit creepy towards all those teenage girls and why does a singer with a great voice have to mime. Then again I remember back in the 60's all the music on tv was mimed.

Barry x

Comment

• ccinjersey

Hi Barry

What interviewer ?? Maybe your not seeing the same video I sent over ?

Yes love Bob Seger's music too, and think his Blue Monday version is great

xox

Comment

• Barry52
                    Forum Member
                    • Mar 2012

CC,

When I open your link the show is American Bandstand and the presenter is talking to the audience before Sedaka appears.

Barry x

Comment

• ccinjersey

Hi Barry

Oh that is weird. Not at all what I sent, and see. I sent 'Calendar Girl' Neil Sedaka but there is no interviewer it goes right into images looks like the 60's along with the song, and you don's see him singing it at all just his voice over the images.

I wonder how that happened ?? Even when I view it on the forum it shows me what I sent...so strange???

Comment

• ccinjersey

Terry did you see the same thing as Barry ???

Comment

• Ali_Chris
                          Forum Member
                          • Oct 2016

This is me today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=278-WB_3H4k

I always liked this version with the BBC breakfast team.

Comment

• ccinjersey

CCR, CREEDENCE, CLEARWATER, REVIVAL, Jambalaya (On The Bayou), Swamp, Rock, Folk, cooking

Heard this song today, forgot how much I love it. It has the country/ New Orleans sound and like Creedence Clearwater Revival's version of it

xox

Comment

Ali Chris love love love 'Happy' by pharrell. My son always says it is my song as I always have to dance to it when it comes on!! Real feel good song x

Comment

• Terry
                                Forum Member
                                • May 2012

Yes, it is a nice simple happy song with a beet;

I dance in my eyes when I hear it.

Love Terry

Comment

Working...
                                X