Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ccinjersey

HAHAHAA Hilarious song Terry

I'll listen Graham I just have to refill my 600mg of prescription Motrin first before I do lol Only kidding..Welcome back Graham

CCxx

Comment

• ccinjersey

This one for you Barry from our mutual Boss

CCxox

Without You - YouTube

Provided to YouTube by Columbia/LegacyWithout You · Bruce SpringsteenBlood Brothers℗ 1996 Bruce SpringsteenReleased on: 1996-03-03Composer, Lyricist: B. Spri...

Comment

• Barry52
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2012

Love it CC, my kind of music.

Here’s one of my favourites by the man. It reminds me of driving slowly though London (nobody can drive fast though London) with the roof down. I wanted to see Bruce when he was on tour last year but I was unable to get tickets.

Barry x
        I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• ccinjersey

Love it Barry, and the video too! reminded of the Jersey Shore.

Did you ever see him in concert ? I never did, very hard too get tickets here as well.

I just tried to get tickets for Elton John at Madison Square Garden for his Farewell Tour the only seats available were all the way up in the back and in the last few rows for $300 !! he would have just been an expensive speck on the stage lol

xox

Comment

• Kayleigh
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2018

Hi CC, and all,

How's everything going across the pond? The weather is still rather chilly and windy over here - but hopefully warmer weather is on its way!

A shame about the tickets to see Elton John being so expensive - I would have thought 300 dollars would have been top price for tickets at the front, never mind at the back! - but, It's been a long time since I went to a music concert. I think that the last concert I went to was 'Simply Red', way back in the 1990's - and so I'm probably very out of touch about how much concert tickets cost these days!

You might not have heard of Simply Red (are they famous in the USA?), and so, for you and as a 'blast from the past' for any Simply Red fans on the forum - this is one of their most famous tracks:-

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IQKULV_dR3E

Although I've never been to one of Elton's concerts, I think he is very talented singer and song-writer. One of my favourites is a song from the Lion King. I love the Disney animation, and also enjoyed watching the musical version of The Lion King when I saw it at the theatre.

Sending love and hugs to everyone on the forum ....

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KjgWWjkNbhU

Kayleigh x
            Last edited by Kayleigh; 15 March 2019, 19:24.

Comment

• ccinjersey

Hi Kayleigh

Our weather still cold but no longer freezing winter definitely losing its grip we had a few spring like days already.

I never heard of Simply Red but they could be popular here?

Last concert I saw was a Chicago/Doobie Brothers combo concert I paid paid $75 for ok seats not great but not bad. $300 can get you decent seats at Madison Square Garden but I think because it’s Elton John, and so much was sold out when I attempted to get the tickets that’s what I was left with.

I heard Hollywood is doing a film of his life, like they did with Freddy Mercury, and the Bohemian Rhapsody movie. I wonder who will play Elton John? He is such a unique performer if they don’t do it right, and do him justice they shouldn’t do it at all.

I love all things Disney. Lion King being one of my all time favorites for me Elton John’s music in that film sent it into another stratosphere to me. The animation film has been remade and coming out in CGI this summer. I hope Disney kept all the music in the new version

CCxx

First trailer for THE LION KING All trailers with courtesy of the rightholders. | All rights reserved. ©#Movie #Trailer

Comment

• ccinjersey

Rocketman (2019) - Official Trailer - Paramount Pictures - YouTube

The only way to tell his story is to live his fantasy. ✨ Taron Egerton is Elton John in #Rocketman, in theatres May 31. Watch the new trailer now! Get ticket...

Comment

• Barry52
                  Forum Member
                  • Mar 2012

I saw simply red in Bournemouth in 1984 as Mick Hucknall burst into the music scene. I have seen him twice since then and as recently as last year. I love his soulful voice and he recorded an album of classic songs.

CC,

Check out mick hucknall american soul.

Barry x

Comment

Great to see you all still on the forum folks!!
                    It's been a long time but I'll be back from time to time again.
                    Life is good for me again now so it's pay back time. I'm ready to help at the local hospice a bit ... found yesterday whilst visiting a terminally ill friend of the new man in my life that I need to (and can) use the skills I learnt during those sad times with Trevor. I learnt so much about love.
                    God bless you all brave people.
                    My heart goes out to you all, as always.
                    XXx

Comment

• Lynne K
                      Forum Member
                      • Nov 2017

Hi Nettie and thanks for your kind words. Lynne x
                      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• Kayleigh
                        Forum Member
                        • Nov 2018

Hello Nettie

Thank you for your good wishes.

It's lovely to hear that you are happy now and that you have found someone special to share this new chapter of your life with.

You are a very kind hearted and caring lady for wanting to help others. It must be a great blessing to the people at the hospice that you kindly visit them, and that you have a lot of empathy and understanding of what they are going through.

I am always grateful for the advice and support I get from the wonderful people on this forum. Its very kind of you to return to the forum from time to time. I will look out for your cute avatar (I think it's the famous dog 'Gromit'?) - I am fan of the 'Wallace and Gromit' animations - they always cheer me up! (CC might not of heard of them, as I don't know if they are shown on TV in America?).

Take care,
                        Kayleigh x
                        Last edited by Kayleigh; 22 March 2019, 00:11.

Comment

• Barry52
                          Forum Member
                          • Mar 2012

Hello Nettie,

I’m pleased you are moving forward and it’s great that you are helping people who need support. Your past experience is a great asset as we still have a lack of knowledge in the care sector about how to manage patients with MND.

Best wishes,
                          Barry

Comment

• miranda
                            Forum Member
                            • Jan 2011

How lovely to hear from you with your good news

Comment

• Ellie
                              Forum Member
                              • Oct 2012

How nice of you to drop by Nettie!

I am so happy you have a new man - and Trevor would have wanted you to be happy too.

Good to hear you are putting your caring experience, knowledge and compassion to further use. As you know, I admired you so much for all you did for Trevor.

I wish you the best of health and much happiness in your life.

Love Ellie.
                              ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                              Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• ccinjersey

Hi Nettie

Good to hear life is good for you. Wishing you much love. and happiness, and the very best

CC xox

Comment

Working...
                                X