Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Gee's music thread

Hi pop pickers (means nothing to none UK folk).

Just letting you know about a fantastic tribute band I saw last night. They are called Money for Nothing and you guessed it, they cover all the Dire Straits classics. The “Mark Knopfler” lead plays and sounds like the real thing. They are touring the UK and if they come near you I can recommend seeing them. I also like the fact that most theatres offer a free carer place. Got to take all the benefits when you have a disability lol.

Ta ta for now.
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Dude
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFRk0FfaQi0

Is it for cherity Bazza me old mate ?. Dude x ttfn

Quote Originally Posted by Barry52 View Post
    Hi pop pickers (means nothing to none UK folk).
    Ta ta for now.
    Barry
    As well as none UK people, others below sixty may not have a clue what you're on about too, Barry.

This brings to mind a joke that I said to a 27 year old recently and got a blank look back.

"A bloke asked me if I wanted a sofa and two chairs yesterday. I said no thanks, My mother told me not to accept suites from strangers........

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

ccinjersey
    Blank stare from this 27 year old too Terry ????

But maybe its a British joke, and not my age ???

LOL xox

You hit both genre then Cc;

Under thirty and none UK folk.

Christmas already?

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

ccinjersey
    HAHAHA Yep you be right about that Terry

Yes Christmas ..I'm just trying to keep up. Our stores have everything Christmas already! and the Christmas tree guys who set up their instant fence and lights in town to sell Christmas Trees (every Tree for only $29.99) is here already too!

They make us forget we have Thanksgiving coming in a few weeks first. There are a few displays of turkeys and Pilgrims, but Santa Claus and company is much bigger and brighter and seems to be everywhere!

Btw shouldn't our Santa Claus be coming to town soon ...????

xox

A suite of furniture �� and I don't take sweets from strangers

A DJ from the 60s on radio one I imagine for a short time then radio two can't remember his name have a form of dementia now which is very easily curable

Terry I had not heard that joke before but I do like it. I must have led a sheltered life.

CC your only a spring chicken but I suppose it’s better than a turkey with thanksgiving coming up.

Streetwise it was Tony Blackburn who opened radio 1 with Blackberry Way by the Move in 1967 and yes he’s now on radio 2 for all us oldies.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

I thought it was the other DJ that has died now, I think he had terrible arthritis.
    I remember Tony Blackburn but he's a bit smarmy