Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benefits if. I have to leave work.

Benefits if. I have to leave work.

I am currently working 18 hours. I'm finding it tough going but I enjoy my job. I know I will have to give up at some point. I just wonder how much I will be able to claim if out of work?

Forum Member
    Hi Pinkelle.
    PIP is payable if you are 64 or under.Not means tested and tax free.That is the benefit I get x

Thankyou. It's such a worry as we still have a mortgage to pay. We took put a critical illness insurance but are fighting it. Don't hold out much hope as motor neuron is not on their list!

Hi pinkelle

As well as PiP if you have been working and paying nat ins contributions you may also be eligible for ESA it's worth checking out.

Apply for pip as soon as possible it takes ages but they will back date it for you from the date of application.

Good luck

Wendy

Wendy

I am receiving pip. The lower rate. That has really helped as I have had to reduce my hours as was finding it too tiring. I will see about esa . Not ready to throw the towel in yet but I need to find out x

Hi Pinkelle,

I find it odd that an insurer who provides critical illness cover excludes MND. This is a life limiting disease so I would challenge them. They may list the condition as ALS.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi Barry. I've put it in the hands of the financial ombudsman now. No its definitely not on their list but Ms is! I challenged them on that as I said the description they had in the policy of Ms is exactly the same as mnd. They weren't having any of it. Hopefully the ombudsman will be able to sort it. They've told me it may take up to 12 weeks.

Hi Pinkelle;

It seems very promising if MS is on the list. It might be worth emailing Mnda connect to see if they can help as well.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Thanks Terry I will if I don't get anywhere with it

Looks like I'm going to have to contact mnda. Connect. Had reply from ombudsman and they've told me the insurance company have acted correctly!