Thread: Support arriving at last

Forum Member

Support arriving at last

After 2 years of no support as I was a Pseudo Bulbar Palsy I am now officially MND so it is starting to happen .I had the first visit from the MND last week and today I had a call from the hospice and a nurse came this afternoon to have a chat and made notes of my wishes.He will ask the lady who organises the therapy and day care to call.Also a call from the OT who is coming next Monday to access my mobility aids.Things are on the up.

Forum Member
    Glad to hear you are getting support at last.

Just shows another side of the Mnda, AM;

I'm sure that many things would not work so fast for us without them.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keeps us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Thanks mamaRics and Terry.I was surprised at the speed things moving so fast.My main need at the moment are the ramps to give outside access.We have steps back and front .Luckily we are in a single storey home .xx

Hi AM;

My OT got me a temporary ramp so I could get in and out and they got a shallow small internal ramp made under small works.

Might be worth seeing if something like that will get you in and out.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keeps us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Hi Terry
    Hopefully I will get something soon.I had a fall outside yesterday and I know that I really need to use a scooter Now and not in 3 months time.Luckily I fell in dirt and not on hard ground.I got away with very dirty clothes ,hands and a few bruises this time but next time may be different. X

Hi
    So glad you are getting the support you need now, it's good to get the team on board. I found the hospice absolutely brilliant at coordinating everyone.

Wendy