Thread: Lifeline pendant

Forum Member

Lifeline pendant

I have been advised by my OT to have a pendant because my husband works nights so I am alone.She left details of a company Ashford council recommended.
    The only problem is if the button is pressed the operator asks what the patient needs.I have no speech so the operator on not getting a repose would contact my husband at work and would panic at not knowing what was wrong would be rushing home.
    Does anyone know of an alternative that I can use.
    I have the text to 999 on my phone set up but that would be a problem if I fell and could not reach it
    Last edited by alfies mum; 24th April 2017 at 21:02.

Hi AM,

I wear a wrist alarm linked to Saga. They know that if I can't speak then they will text my mobile. I pay £16 per month for this but it gives me peace of mind and my family also.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi AM;

There are a number of companies that offer a similar service but with some differences. You can get automatic fall detectors that are combined with an emergency button.

I don't know what smart phones can do, but my advanced "Lightwriter" can except calls and you can pre-program replies. So I could use this as the first number and only need one or maybe two buttons to say "I'm OK and it's a false alarm".

Maybe smart phones can do similar or maybe Barry's method might suit.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Hi Barry and Terry
    Thanks for the info .I will get my husband to make enquiries about texting rather than calling
    AM x

I am in Ashford too, I have a wrist band and a clip on fall detector supplied by the OT for Ashford Social Services, they paid for it and continue to pay for it too xx

Forum Member
    Hi Jan
    The OT did leave the details of the Alarm but I did not ask if it has a text service,The fall detector is a must as I have started to have them indoors.I have now been diagnosed with MND rather than the pseudo palsy .So am being supported by the East Kent branch.I am starting a day at the hospice in a fortnight on a Wednesday at first so I can get to know people before I move onto other activities so I may see you some time
    Vikki xx