Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My book

Forum Member

My book

Hi all
    Remember I wrote my life story, well, the arts guy at the hospice has helped make it into a book, they have arranged my book launch at the hospice on the 9th. It's so wonderful to leave my life story to the grandchildren. I'm so very glad I done it.

IMG_1042.jpg
    IMG_1040.jpg
    I hope the photos have turned out right
    Mags xx

Forum Member
    I try again
    IMG_1042.jpg

Hi Mags

You look so pretty Did you design the cover of the book ?

xox
    May God grant you always.. a sunbeam to warm you, a moonbeam to charm you, a sheltering Angel so nothing can harm you, Laughter to cheer you, Faithful friends near you, and whenever you pray Heaven to hear you -

Forum Member
    Hi CC
    The lady at the hospice (volunteer) read my story within one night, by the morning, she designed the cover and got her friend do it. Everything on the cover is to do with my story, very clever and very nice of her.
    Mags x

Yes very clever ! Are you having copies of it made up for your family or the one original ?

I wish my own Mom would have left a book she died at 42, I would have loved to have been able to read her life story and what she thought and felt about things. It really is a brilliant idea. Celebrities write their memoirs all the time, us regular folks should do it to for those we love, and our very own generations to come.

xox
    May God grant you always.. a sunbeam to warm you, a moonbeam to charm you, a sheltering Angel so nothing can harm you, Laughter to cheer you, Faithful friends near you, and whenever you pray Heaven to hear you -

Well done! Love to do that. Where do you start though?

Forum Member
    I'm sorry you lost your mum at such a young age, was it MND?
    I have twenty to order, and I'm going to send some people the link. I got it published from 'blurb' they are expensive 24 each, and on top of that 7 shipping as they come from USA. I only wanted for the family but friends want one. Three people I know from my hospice with MND wants one.
    I agree, when my mum died, we 4 sisters hunted for a letter, but she never left one, we were very disappointed .as you say, everyone should do one.
    Xxx

Yeah it can get a little expensive when you add the shipping in, but if you think about it its really money well spent because its something so special, and unique that its value is really priceless.

No not MND my Mom passed away from lung cancer. She smoked 2 packs of cigarettes a day, a heavy smoker. Back in the day it seemed smoking was acceptable, and allowed everywhere in restaurants, all public places, now it seems smokers have to go around the corner, down the block and in their own cars to smoke. Now that we know the effects of 2nd hand smoke probably better that way for us non smokers. My Mom smoked all my life so in a way so was I from all the 2nd hand smoke, so if I get lung cancer even though I never smoked it wouldn't surprise me.

My husband worked in the World Trade Center on 9/11. A friend of mine keeps telling me I should write about that day from a personal experience for my children, and their children's, children and so on because it was so historic and will be a huge part of history and it will be lost after our passing. I never really thought about it like that before, but think he has a valid point and might do it.

xox

Hi Mags,

Great cover photo. It is so gratifying to do a life story and like you I hope my family appreciate the gesture.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Life is a journey, not a destination.

Forum Member
    Hi
    I started the book from when I was 5, through my life, when I thought I had MND when no one else believed me, how I felt, when diagnosed and coping with the disease.
    Yes, cc you better start writing about the world trade centre, very good idea.
    Barry, I know you sent your on line book, have you made it a real book!
    Mags xx