Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Radicava (edaravone) approved by the FDA in the US

Forum Member
    Hi Kayleigh, and thanks for all the research re. wheelchairs and travel I’ll have to look at this though I have to say I’m not too adventurous regarding travel down here. My brother is looking after me very well so own room, new reclining bed and tv. Getting a local sorted out may wait till the weather gets a bit warmer.
    While on the subject of travel I must have a little rant. I flew BA Business back to the UK and while the price is competitive the service and comfort reflect how poor they are compared to the Middle East carriers. I had assistance in Bangkok which was excellent but back in blighty poor. Off the aircraft ok onto a golf cart where unlike boarding there were 9 people requiring assistance compared to 2 boarding. Got up to the carousel where my fellow travelers got their luggage and headed off. I needed help with my case and to get up to my sisters car but nobody was available. Lots of able bodied people using wheelchairs to get through immigration quickly which I think is very sad.
    Good to be back anyway xxx

Forum Member
    Hi Debbie, thanks and yes I’m on it. Trying to access an OT and the South London MNDA branch but we’ll get there. I intend to be a lot more active on the forum and also explore any clinical trials which maybe available.
    Thanks xxx

Forum Member
    Thanks Shrew, you’re telling me. When I was working I travelled a lot and didn’t mind it, now it’s just so bloody stressful.
    Thanks x

Quote Originally Posted by Jer788 View Post
    Got up to the carousel where my fellow travelers got their luggage and headed off. I needed help with my case and to get up to my sisters car but nobody was available.
    Hi Jer778,

I have flown with several Middle Eastern airlines, but not Emirates, and have always been left at the luggage carousel. Maybe that's because I flew economy rather than business class.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Hi Jerry,

It must have been great to be welcomed by your sister at the airport, especially after such a long journey!

Such a let-down about the lack of assistance with your luggage! Airport assistance for passengers who need it shouldn't end at the luggage carousel - it's not like we can sit on our suitcase and then ride on it out of the airport like it's a magic carpet!!

Very disappointing that you didn't get all the assistance at the airport you needed! Sometimes there are kind people out there but, unfortunately, there are selfish ones too - it's sad that some people were getting assistance who shouldn't have been, at the expense of people who genuinely need it.

I hope you find lots of kindness from the people you meet, now that you have settled into living with your brother.

It sounds like your brother is as kind and cool as you are! - and it's great that you are already kitted out with a recliner bed and your own TV - all you need now is your own mini-bar and cocktail waitress, and it will be as fancy as the Ritz! .... and, if I lived in London, i'd volunteer for the job! -they don't call me 'Cocktail-Shaker Kayleigh' for nothing, don't you know?! I've been known to do quite a bit of cocktail waitressing, in my time - and even on Rollerskates! - admittidly that was a very long time ago, but I can still mix a mean Martini!

You are doing the right thing by taking things easy ...and no need to rush into reading all that bumf about travel passes etc - I posted the links to the websites, for future reference if/when you need it.

The good thing about living in a city is that you've probably got most things you need like shops etc close by, so you won't need to travel far for things if you do want to pop out from time-to-time.

The main thing is that you put your feet up and have a relaxing time, perhaps getting re-acquainted with the TV channels over here?.

I hope you are ok and that you and your brother have an enjoyable bank holiday weekend.

Cheers!
    Kayleigh xx

P.S Please get lots of rest and make sure you are keeping your energy levels up by eating and drinking regularly xx TTFN, love from 'clucky mother hen' xx

Forum Member
    [

Hi Kayleigh, yeah great to see the family and get settled in. I’ve contacted Evelyn at mndsouthlondon so will see what’s going on. I suppose the assistance thing is a tricky one for airlines as the last thing they need is complaints from people who do require assistance.
    It’s lovely and bright here today but the ambient is going to take some getting used to.
    Have a great BH weekend and if I ever go from beer to cocktails I’ll give you a shout xxx Jerry

QUOTE=Kayleigh;89242]Hi Jerry,

It must have been great to be welcomed by

your sister at the airport, especially after such a long journey!

Such a let-down about the lack of assistance with your luggage! Airport assistance for passengers who need it shouldn't end at the luggage carousel - it's not like we can sit on our suitcase and then ride on it out of the airport like it's a magic carpet!!

Very disappointing that you didn't get all the assistance at the airport you needed! Sometimes there are kind people out there but, unfortunately, there are selfish ones too - it's sad that some people were getting assistance who shouldn't have been, at the expense of people who genuinely need it.

I hope you find lots of kindness from the people you meet, now that you have settled into living with your brother.

It sounds like your brother is as kind and cool as you are! - and it's great that you are already kitted out with a recliner bed and your own TV - all you need now is your own mini-bar and cocktail waitress, and it will be as fancy as the Ritz! .... and, if I lived in London, i'd volunteer for the job! -they don't call me 'Cocktail-Shaker Kayleigh' for nothing, don't you know?! I've been known to do quite a bit of cocktail waitressing, in my time - and even on Rollerskates! - admittidly that was a very long time ago, but I can still mix a mean Martini!

You are doing the right thing by taking things easy ...and no need to rush into reading all that bumf about travel passes etc - I posted the links to the websites, for future reference if/when you need it.

The good thing about living in a city is that you've probably got most things you need like shops etc close by, so you won't need to travel far for things if you do want to pop out from time-to-time.

The main thing is that you put your feet up and have a relaxing time, perhaps getting re-acquainted with the TV channels over here?.

I hope you are ok and that you and your brother have an enjoyable bank holiday weekend.

Cheers!
    Kayleigh xx

P.S Please get lots of rest and make sure you are keeping your energy levels up by eating and drinking regularly xx TTFN, love from 'clucky mother hen' xx[/QUOTE]

.... I'll keep my cocktail waitress uniform on stand-by! - just in case LOL

Cheers!
    Kayleigh x