X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lynne K
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2017

It's approx £110 I think, if my lousy memory has retained it correctly. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

After talking with Kim Archer (MNDA ModelTalker guru) I downloaded Predictable. Now I'm learning my way around it.

Cost was £129.99on Google Play Store, but you can apply for reimbursement from the NHS.

Comment

• Lynne K
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2017

Good luck Martin. I haven't spent much time playing with Predictable on my Ipad because I still have my voice, all be it some slurred words occasionally. It seems to be intuitive though so I have no worries about picking it up whenever. Lynne
        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

Comment

• Terry
          Forum Member
          • May 2012

Hi, Just thought I'll update you;

The Mnda have seconded a newish chap called Richard Cave, he has been looking into voice banking.

He says that Model Talker is very much American which requires 1600 phrases. He reckons that Acepela is more English and only requires 350 phrases.

So even if your half way through Model talker, it's probably worth swapping.

They are both a similar price and only needs paying when you download the finished product.

do give Richard a ring before starting as he will provide assistance and advice.

Love Terry
          TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Kayleigh
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2018

If I was to choose a voice to use from the Acapela 'Repertoire', I think I would go for 'Queen Elizabeth' from the English (UK) list. I think the voice sounds great! ... and she sounds just like me LOL.

How does you voice sound? At Acapela Group, we create personalized digital voices that match your voice branding. Our text to speech voices, based on NeuralTTS and AI, bring persona to the user experience.

Or, I might borrow an American voice for a change. I looked on the list of English (US) voices .... sadly the voice of 'Donald Trump' isn't there (Lol) .... and I would really like to sound like Marilyn Monroe (but, to my disappointment, not included either!) .... but I don't think my hubby would mind if I spoke with a husky American voice like 'Sharon'!

Joking aside, thank you Terry for kindly letting us know about 'Acapela' voice banking and for flagging up that we can get advice from Richard Cave at the MNDA.

Also, below is a link to info about voice banking on the Acapela website:-

Preserve your own voice as synthetic speech: record and capture the essence of your voice to create a digital copy with ‘My-own-voice’ .

Love Kayleigh xx

Comment

• Lynne K
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2017

I've done my voice banking with Model Talker and downloaded it to my ipad in Predictable. I saw on the MND Facebook page about Acapela so I'm thinking of doing that too.

Comment

• Barry52
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2012

I’m now too late to do another recording so I wonder if a model talker voice recording can be transferred to acapela?

Barry
                I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Terry
                  Forum Member
                  • May 2012

Hi Barry,

I very much doubt it. I think that they use very different phrases.

You could ask Richard Cave.

Love Terry
                  TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Working...
                  X