• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    Forum Member
    • May 2012

Hi Martin;

I'm pretty sure that you can get eye gaze systems that will play it if you need to use it hands free.

It's great to only pay if you need it because some of us never need to use speech devices.

LOve Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Ellie
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2012

Hi Martin,

The App works on Windows with (inexpensive) Tobii eye trackers. There are plans to develop camera based eye tracking software by Therary Box.

Love Ellie.
      ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

Yay! I just completed my 1600 ModelTalker sentence recordings. I found it best to move on after two or three attempts at difficult sentences the go back to all the 'yellows' at the end. The last 30 or so were cruel i the extreme!

Anyway, I have now requested my synthetic voice from the ModelTalker lab.

Comment

• Lynne K
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2017

Good luck with getting a voice very close to your natural speaking voice. If you aren't happy don't give up. Email them and they can help you tweak it by getting you to record your own list of names, places and phrases. I did that and got a very good result. Lynne
          ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• Terry
            Forum Member
            • May 2012

Well done Martin,

What are you going to use to speak it?

Great advice Lynne.

Love Terry
            TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
              Well done Martin,

What are you going to use to speak it?

Great advice Lynne.

Love Terry
              Not sure yet but investigating this:

Comment

• Lynne K
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2017

Does your speech therapist service have a preference about which app you use? Mine loan out an Ipad with Predictable pre-installed and they told me that other devices they use can take our voice. I didn't borrow an Ipad because I already have an Ipad Air2 and I downloaded Predictable to that. It's intuitive to use so straightforward. But speak with your local speech therapy service for advice and if they have a preference. Then you'd be future proofing being able to use your recorded voice. Good luck. Lynne
                ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

Comment

• Ellie
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2012

Martin, if you're buying the hardware yourself, have a look at the Tobii 4C eye tracker - available from £121.18 on eBay, more on Amazon, but < a tenth of the price of the one you're looking at.

It doesn't have the environmental controls, but the EyeR dongle can be bought separately (£199) if needed.

You install the drivers when you plug in the Tobii 4C and it can be used with Window 10's own eye control software or free open source software.

It's a DIY solution, but it gives full PC access for a fraction of the cost of traditional AAT offerings. It's what I use.

Love Ellie.
                  ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                  Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Barry52
                    Forum Member
                    • Mar 2012

Just discovered my predictable app won’t load as my iPad memory is full. Tried deleting lots of “stuff” but no joy.

Barry
                    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Terry
                      Forum Member
                      • May 2012

Don't know much about I Pads, Barry,

But my tablet had a similar issue and it turned out to be lots of downloads that I didn't know anything about.

Could be a similar issue.

Love Terry

Comment

How long does ModelTalker take to produce your synthetic voice once you've completed the 1600 sentences?

Comment

• Lynne K
                          Forum Member
                          • Nov 2017

Just a few days for the first voice produced. Then you get a chance to tweak it. I did that and still not happy. As I've said previously they let me do a recording of lots of my own names, places and phrases. Then I was given a new voice (made up of the work done on my 1600 phrases together with my personal list). They did that in a couple of days. I then had another opportunity to tweak but I didn't do any more to it. My eventual voice was ready a few days to a week later. Lynne
                          Last edited by Lynne K; 9 October 2018, 16:19.

Comment

I finally got my synthetic voice. It takes a bit of getting used to but it is definitely ME.

Comment

• Lynne K
                              Forum Member
                              • Nov 2017

That's good Martin. Did you download it to 'Predictable' or what? Lynne

Comment

I'm using ModelTalker2 at the moment but my speech therapist suggested that I looked at Predictable.

I did a quick look on the website but I couldn't find a price for Predictable.

Comment

Working...
                                X