Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Well done Martin,

What are you going to use to speak it?

Great advice Lynne.

Love Terry
    Not sure yet but investigating this:

https://www.tobiidynavox.com/en-GB/d...ndows-control/

Does your speech therapist service have a preference about which app you use? Mine loan out an Ipad with Predictable pre-installed and they told me that other devices they use can take our voice. I didn't borrow an Ipad because I already have an Ipad Air2 and I downloaded Predictable to that. It's intuitive to use so straightforward. But speak with your local speech therapy service for advice and if they have a preference. Then you'd be future proofing being able to use your recorded voice. Good luck. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Martin, if you're buying the hardware yourself, have a look at the Tobii 4C eye tracker - available from £121.18 on eBay, more on Amazon, but < a tenth of the price of the one you're looking at.

It doesn't have the environmental controls, but the EyeR dongle can be bought separately (£199) if needed.

You install the drivers when you plug in the Tobii 4C and it can be used with Window 10's own eye control software or free open source software.

It's a DIY solution, but it gives full PC access for a fraction of the cost of traditional AAT offerings. It's what I use.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Just discovered my predictable app won’t load as my iPad memory is full. Tried deleting lots of “stuff” but no joy.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Don't know much about I Pads, Barry,

But my tablet had a similar issue and it turned out to be lots of downloads that I didn't know anything about.

Could be a similar issue.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    How long does ModelTalker take to produce your synthetic voice once you've completed the 1600 sentences?

Just a few days for the first voice produced. Then you get a chance to tweak it. I did that and still not happy. As I've said previously they let me do a recording of lots of my own names, places and phrases. Then I was given a new voice (made up of the work done on my 1600 phrases together with my personal list). They did that in a couple of days. I then had another opportunity to tweak but I didn't do any more to it. My eventual voice was ready a few days to a week later. Lynne
    Last edited by Lynne K; 9th October 2018 at 17:19.
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.

Forum Member
    I finally got my synthetic voice. It takes a bit of getting used to but it is definitely ME.

That's good Martin. Did you download it to 'Predictable' or what? Lynne

Forum Member
    I'm using ModelTalker2 at the moment but my speech therapist suggested that I looked at Predictable.

I did a quick look on the website but I couldn't find a price for Predictable.