Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aftermath

Forum Member
    Bern, Just read your reply and add you to the lovely people I have mentioned who have so thoughtfully given me words of comfort and support.
    Peter x p.s. Don't forget to share yours.
    Last edited by lost soul !; 12th August 2017 at 20:30. Reason: Did not mention Berns name

Forum Member
    I have gone on the thread aftermath, like Susan x

Forum Member
    My husband had ALS for 3 years and we were told it's possible he had it for 18 months previous he has now passed bless him, I found MND support useless, I did relent and have care help so I could work for a bit as needed the break and yes some good and some not and they came when they felt like it!! I found the hospice were our main support and far more understanding and when he took a bad turn and we thought the worse they took him in but he bounced back as he was a fighter but his care needs meant he couldn't return home and we had to find a home to care for him which was very distressing as there was hardly any help or support bar here's a list of you go and sort!!!
    CHC were rude and basically told me as my husband didn't have a death date they would not help eventually after a lot of arguing with social services we had help and I found a lovely home for my husband he was only there 6 weeks before he died which was upsetting as I tried desperately for him to stay in the hospice but he out stayed his welcome by 4 weeks, if your reading this you can gauge my feelings on this cruel vicious disease.........

Forum Member
    You did all you could, in probably the most complex and traumatic time. I pray you find peace with yourself and can walk tall knowing in your heart your man how hard it was for you both, He knew and loved for who you are, a person who should have never suffered the effects on you, seeing your man suffer from this cruel viscous disease, ( your words and mine )
    Try try to now live your life as he would want !! Keep in touch it helps.
    Peter x & one from your man x

I got no help whatsoever,I think because I'm autistic I'm just not liked ,i'm always let down,I never seem to learn.
    I was criticised by a member on this forum ,the very recent members Were alright so I don't login to this forum very much now