Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rollator advice

Forum Member
    Thank you for all your suggestions.
    Can I ask re Physios- I've had 2 NHS appointments which I'm told is my entitlement. I've paid for 2 private appointments with a neurophysio. Is this the norm?
    I'm on the stairlift case, got 3 companies coming to
    quote next week and I'll make contact with my local MNDA too.
    Best wishes to you all.

Forum Member
    Hi, I really don't know the answer. I think we must be really spoilt in the North East. I've had 4 appointments since I was officially diagnosed in May. I've also got another one later this month. I don't know what is the norm!
    I'm glad you have stair lift quotes arranged.
    Bern x

Forum Member
    Thanks Bern, take care x

Forum Member
    I was advised by my Consultant that Physio would be of no use! After reading lots of articles I have asked again and have been referred but there is a wait-list. Meanwhile I would be interested to know what stretching exercises I should do to help maintain my mobility so any advise would be gratefully received.

Hi Ann and welcome to the forum;

Physio's are of great use for most of us in giving us exercises to TRY to keep our flexibility and strength, and later on they are useful in making sure that our joint move etc.

The hospice could well be a place that will provide these services and have exercise classes.

Any movement or exercise will help as long as you don't over do it and are safe. I have a list of things that I do on another thread but most of us would find these impossible to do for long.

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keeps us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi all,

I just wanted to share our information sheet on Physiotherapy in case it covered any other questions you have. I understand that all cases can be so different from each other, so it might not be relevant to all but it may well have some further information if the first few avenues you have tried haven't worked out.

http://www.mndassociation.org/wp-con...siotherapy.pdf

Hayley.