Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wasn't on my bucket list

Hi Ellie

I wasn't missing the point at all.

I have been here long enough, and have read yours and many others who are 'living' with this illness posts to understand that you, and others are getting on with living life. I also witness first hand how my best friend 'lives' her life.

I think the point that your missing is what I was trying to express (apparently poorly) is that it is hard enough rising kids, and doing it while living with an illness is even more difficult.

I'm sorry if my compliment offended you.

CCxox

Hi Ellie,

I hope you find this amusing.

You mention "the living dead" in your post and our friend Lee Millard posted on Facebook today that YouGov conducted a survey which revealed that 11% of those involved have a zombie plan. This apparently means they believe in zombies and they have worked out what to do if they are attacked. Admittedly it was shown that a high percentage were men in their 20's and 30's so that proves we need more women running the country.

Barry x
    Life is a journey, not a destination.

Oh no, CC, my post wasn't personal to you. I wasn't insulted, I just don't like being thought of as anything other than ordinary. Never liked fuss!!

Thanks for your post.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.

So we're doomed Barry On the plus side, at least they have a plan of action if they're attacked...

As for women running countries - um, Tessie May may not be the best example

Love Ellie.

Forum Member
    I thought the bunch running the country are a bunch of zombies.

Charles

No muss, no fuss Ellie lol All good, no worries

Barry, one of the psychiatrist I work with believes in 'real' zombies!! and this guy is a doctor !!

His patients come out of his office scared to death after their visit with him because he talks to them about the zombie apocalypse that is coming...I swear to god!!! Its just unbelievable to me, this guy prescribes psychotic medications to patients, but I think he needs to be on them himself.

He is in his late 40's and when he comes into the break room he talks about zombies like they are real, he truly believes they are! I find it so bizarre because none of the staff even questions him about it to say how absurd it is...they all just let him ramble on and on about it...

We have this TV show here called 'The Walking Dead' that people are obsessed with, I think that could be contributing to peoples belief in this possibility. I'm obsessed with Game of Thrones but that doesn't make me believe in flying dragons ! lol

This zombie stuff is just so bizarre to me....

xox

Quote Originally Posted by njm View Post
    I thought the bunch running the country are a bunch of zombies.

Charles
    Being a foreigner, I didn't want to say...

Forum Member
    I have an idea for a zombie movie - is on my list of books to write.

Setting: Rural America near a military base.

Some friends are back from university, on a break, and decide to get drunk and have a zombie movie marathon (as you do).

They've been pigging out on junk food all day, drinking and watching zombie movies in the basement of their house (or parent's house). Evening is coming and they are running out of beer. So, call a friend (who is sober and can drive) and get a lift to the local store for more food and alcohol.

As they are coming out of the store, returning to the car, they see some zombies chasing some girls. They don't realise a fun 'zombie run' is going on nearby, so the zombie is just a kid dressed up as a zombie. But, in their slightly drunk state, they grab the rifle that is kept in their friend's truck, and shot one of the zombies. They don't kill him, they're drunk and can't shoot well.

The girls being chased panic and run back to the zombie, and the guys go to investigate. They figure out what is going on, and take the guy to the hospital.

Meanwhile, the top secret 'reanimate the dead' experiment going on at the military base is much more successful than expected, and, you guessed it, it produces zombies which have spent the day taking over the base and eating everyone they can find.

When our reluctant heroes are leaving the hospital, the zombies escape the base and head towards the town for fresh meet.

Enter the confusion of people dressed as zombies running from, and then eventually attacking, zombies while people not dresses at zombies aren't sure who is a zombie or just someone dressed as a zombie.

Picture this scene: a bus pulls up outside a group of zombies and the driver herds them all onto the bus - thinking they are people dressed as zombies, and comments that they can drop the act now, the game is ending. But they don't trop the act and are herded onto the bus. The driver then gets on and closes the doors....

Pen
    Hanging in there, one day at a time.

Forum Member
    Oh Wow Pen - I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the next instalment! Actually I'm sitting in the rise and recline chair but that doesn't sound as good!
    Bern x

I'm waiting for the next chapter too Pen...that's very good.

Have you ever read Dean Kootz, I really enjoy his books, along the lines of Stephen King, but faster more intense kind of scary stuff reading.

When I leave the hospital close to midnight because I work the evening shift I have to walk to my car usually alone. The employees can't park in the main parking for visitors and patients so we have to find parking on the street.

The Hospital has a big parking garage a few blocks away but I won't go in there alone at night I find it terrifying. So I park by this little parking lot by an abandoned building its usually the only place I can find a parking spot close enough to hospital. I hold the alarm button on my keys ready to press it in case a pack of wild dogs comes running out of nowhere to eat me, or the murdering rapist jumps out of the bushes to do me in, or real/fake zombie starts coming towards me!! I swear to god this is how my mind thinks alone in the dark on the streets at night....

My coworkers think I'm a baby and make fun of me all the time because I'm scared. They say 'You're from NY and your scared ??' and tell them yes exactly! being from NY I know what's out there waiting for me !! lol

xox