Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: YES!!!! My power chair had FINALLY arrived!

There is no back cushion. I'll put a photo of my chair on here tomorrow so you can see x

Forum Member
    Hi Ellie,

My chair back definitely isnít 8 or 9 cm. Must be the 2cm one.
    Itís a Quickie Salsa Mini.
    My manual chair is more comfortable!

Bern x

Is it the basic spec, similar to this, I wonder?

Salsa Mini.jpg

Or maybe something slightly thicker and whatever it is, does it give any support to your upper back and shoulders?

Ellie x.

Yes that's what the back of mine looks like. I'm just using a normal cushion

Forum Member
    Hi girls,

Just like mine except I have a head rest.

Definitely no support for back or shoulders.

Bern x

I found the spec for the Salsa M and the Salsa M Mini neurological wheelchairs, with special features included as standard, as agreed with the MNDA.

They include a headrest and a Jay Comfort back cushion, which is 4"/10cm, both "INC" as standard.

Here is the full spec of the MNDA chair. You can see what's included and what's extra.

http://www.sunrisedice.com/asset-ban...file/31018.pdf

Hope you both get what is necessary; you are not merely trying to tart up a wheelchair you'd rather not ever need to to use!!

Good luck. Might be no harm getting the MNDA involved in this - I'm sure they invested many hours in tying down this deal.

Love Ellie.

Forum Member
    Thanks Ellie.

It’s very annoying!
    I notice it also says comfort padded arm pad. Mine are rock hard.
    Really struggling with the chair.

Bern x

Thanks. I am waiting for wheel chair services to come and put headrest on. I will ask about a back cushion.

Hi, my wheelchairs arrived today, a manual self-propelling one and a Salsa mini 2 powerchair. The technician who delivered it said the Salsa was the MND spec. It has the Jay back cushion (though it's only 3 cm thick), the whole seat tilts and the back reclines and it has the head rest. The arms feel like a gel-type material so are quite comfortable. It also has a control for my carer to use, this was something I asked for at the time of assessment just in case it is needed later on.
    I can still walk a few yards so I'm hoping it will be a while yet before I get to find out how comfortable it is with prolonged use.

Andy

Hi Andy,

If the cushion is only 3cm thick and not the 10cm Jay Deep Contour back cushion, then the technician is wrong and it is NOT the MND spec. You're being short changed and I can guarantee you that you'll need the deeper cushion, not only for comfort, but also for support.

You can print off the chair spec from post #76 to show him. You should not have to fight for it - the MND spec was agreed for a reason. (I know I'm being a moany cow about this but it makes me mad )

Good news re the attendant control - hope you've reinforced the door frames

Love Ellie.