Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: YES!!!! My power chair had FINALLY arrived!

Oh God! I thought it would be easier in a chair! Someone needs to design a scooter which turns into a chair when you go in shops etc! Like a transformer! (robots in disguise... You know how it goes! Lol!) But here's the difficult part.... It converts when you are still sat in it!! That's a challenge for a design engineer.

Hi Pink;

Wheelchairs are easier in many ways.

It's horses for courses. They do scooters that have very sportive seats/chairs but I don't think they currently make one that will turn on the spot like a wheelchair. I think that you can get computer assisted chairs that keep straighter better but they are high end ones.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keeps us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

I want to walk as long as I can as I've started putting Weight on! But my legs feel so heavy it's hard going.!

Just because you have a piece of equipment doesn't mean you have to use it, Pink;

My progression is quite slow and I got one a couple of years before I needed one. It was handy though, as when I hurt my back it was the only thing I could sleep in for a few nights.

And I also had time to get it altered and use it a bit.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keeps us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Thanks Terry. My AV did mention that we should look at getting the ball rolling in the new year.

Forum Member
    Hi Pink,

Annoyingly I’m putting weight on and it’s purely lack of exercise. My arm is like a tree trunk but my legs are just weak!
    I walk around the house but have things to hang on to. I can use my pushy walker thing outside but
    I tire very easily. I know what you mean though about wanting to keep going as long as you can. It’s not easy though.
    My electric wheel chair is on order.

Bern x

Hi Bern, sounds like we are at the same stage! I had a three wheeler rollator but my consultant sent me home with one with a seat when I went to the clinic a few weeks ago. It is easier as I can keep sitting when I tire x

Hello Fru
    My mam was a solicitor, sorry I'm autistic so my grammar is poor , if your husband was in a profession that may be a charity who could give you a powered wheelchair ,my mother got help from the solicitors charity ,they can help you with other things .
    County councils don't generally give electric wheelchairs just manual ones.
    I've got to say MNDA were very helpful in getting us help as councils and the NHS could be very slow our OT was also very helpful .

Hi Streetwise;

Don't worry about your grammar, if we don't understand we will ask.

It's a good idea about asking others like people you have worked for etc for help. The NHS and Social services can be very slow especially if you ask through your doctor.

People with Mnd can normally get free power wheelchair through referral to the Wheelchair Services but it does normally take a long time.

Best wishes, Terry