Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take Action - Invite your MP to our parliamentary reception!

Take Action - Invite your MP to our parliamentary reception!

Our annual parliamentary reception will take place from 12.30 to 2pm on Tuesday 17 October 2017 at the Queen Elizabeth II Centre, Westminster, London.

Spare a moment to invite your MP to attend the reception, using this e-action.

Wed like as many MPs as possible to attend, to meet people living with MND and their carers and families, and to learn about the financial impact of MND and our MND Costs campaign. The APPG on MND will launch a report into access to Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and well hear from Penny Mordaunt MP, the Minister for Disabled People, Work and Health.

Attend our parliamentary reception

All branches and groups are invited to nominate three representatives to attend the reception, prioritising people with MND who havent attended before. Carers wont be included in the three place limit and will be given an extra place.

Representatives have until Sunday 1st October to register, and can register here! Please do check with your branch or group committee before registering, to check they have spaces available. If you don't know your local branch or group then please email me on forum@mndassociation.org and I can give you their details.

Done sent an email to Julie Elliott Sunderland MP

Thanks Streetwise!

My MP declined due to "other duties". This is the second time in 2 years. I can excuse him once but 2 strikes and he's out. No vote from me next election.

Barry
    Life is a journey, not a destination.

Forum Member
    Hi Hayley,
    Just done this again! No response from my MP the first time! Not sure there will be this time!
    Bern

I don't know if she'll go ,she never commits to appointments, she will send letters that get lip service

Forum Member
    Done- email sent to Rt Hon Kenneth Clarke MP

Thank you to all the MNDA team who organised today's parliamentary reception. The meeting was well attended, although I didn't see a great turnout of MP's and the three I invited did not show. The message from Penny Mordaunt minister for disabled people sounded more encouraging in relation to benefits entitlement. We may soon be seeing the end of reassessment and we already know that people newly diagnosed with MND will be fast tracked.

I also got to have my photo taken with the lovely Charlotte Hawkins, although she turned me down for quick step. Something about the rollator cramping her style lol.

Barry x
    Life is a journey, not a destination.

Forum Member
    Thanks Barry. As I guessed, I had no word from my MP.
    Bern

Forum Member
    Thank you for attending on our behalf Barry.
    I didn't receive a reply from my MP either.
    Sorry to see Charlotte go out on Saturday, she had my vote.