Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Benefits

Had a great day at Eden but my scooter is dead. I asked to use one of the power wheelchairs at the venue but they were all booked out. Went to catch the tram to the bio domes and the lady in charge of wheelchairs came running after us to say a chair had been returned early and I could have it. I could not have done justice to the full sights of the venue using my rollator so the wheelchair was invaluable.

Barry
    IMG_1255.jpg
    Life is a journey, not a destination.

You haven't done very well with scooters, barry,

I have been in a similar situation but I had booked a big scooter. When I tried it had little power and was useless. We had to use a push wheelchair for a while before it was to hard.

I had a good small scooter back where we were staying, how annoying.

Hope you get it sorted and glad it turned out OK.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keeps us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi all,

Somebody’s listening.

After all the campaigning and lobbying of MPs by myself and members of MNDA today I received confirmation of my renewal of PIP. I was worried that I may loose my Motability vehicle. I do hope that other people living with MND have the same success when it comes to reassessment.

We can all do without the added stress of the bureaucratic system involved in claiming benefits and I congratulate MNDA for their campaign on this.

Barry

Forum Member
    Hi Barry,
    That must be a great relief for you!
    But you're right, no one suffering with life limiting diseases like MND should be stressed by reassessments.
    Thank goodness for the campaigners.
    Bern x

Thanks for flying our flag Barry;

Glad that you made it there.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keeps us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

just one word despicable about existing ESA claimants , I am so grateful my mam is dead

Hi all
    Just been officially retired due to ill health currently I get higher level in PIP as I am only 57 I don't think I can claim state pension is there anything else I can claim for not sure if ESA is paid when I get PIP already ?

Forum Member
    Hello
    Mum gets attendance llowance for dad. He and she are over 65 and on an income above 120 a week, are they eligible for motability?

Hi Rumba and Coco;

Coco, I don't think that he will get mobility because he is over 65.

Both of you email ring Mnda connect and see if they can help you.

Rumba, I'm not very up on these things but I don't think that you can get both.

You can get a council tax reduction of one band.

Also your husband can use some of your income tax allowance if you have earn't under a certain amount, can be worth quite a bit of money.

Also most of us can get free prescriptions.

Probably other things too.

Love Terry

Hi Rumba,

You may be able to claim carers allowance for someone who looks after you. As Terry says the MNDA have a benefits advisor.

Barry