Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ellie

Forum Member

Ellie

Hi, I am a good friend of Ellie and am with her now. We have become good friends with her since my husband was diagnosed with PLS and we often visit her as she is the most wonderful person.

She had asked for her account on the forum to be deleted and is really upset to see that her account is showing as “Suspended” and has asked me to post the following from her.

Thanks.

Hi,
    I’m anxious for people to know that I asked for my Forum Membership to be deleted. I was not suspended​; it’s whatever way Hayley amended my user name. I am very upset leaving the forum, so when Zebedee showed me the word "suspended" is now showing under my posts, I was both distraught and livid.
    Here is the email request to Hayley, MNDA Forum, in case people don’t believe me.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Friday, 6 October, 2017 16:15
    To: 'forum' <forum@mndassociation.org>
    Subject: RE: Motor Neurone Disease Association Forum Contact Us Form - Registration Problem

Hi Hayley,

I have given my decision 4 days of thought.

I cannot, nor do I want to, be part of a community where a member posts "jokes" racially slurring various ethnicities and nationalities, including my own. When I said the posts were offensive, I was berated for lacking a sense of humour, rather than receiving an apology, even though the posts broke forum rules.

My life is difficult enough without having to endure racial slurs. I have no option but to leave the forum [This post has been modified as content is in breach of the forum rules and privacy policy]

Regards,
    Ellie.

This post is for information only and Zebedee isn’t a go-between, so I wish my friends all the best. Sorry I can’t stay.

Ellie.
    Last edited by Zebedee; 7th October 2017 at 12:45.

No comment.
    Avatar is just up for ten days for Halloween.

I'm sorry if people don't like it but it's something that I have done for years.

Forum Member
    No comment too.

Forum Member
    Forum:
    I am incredibly saddened and upset that Ellie has withdrawn from the forum. She is far and away the most informed and knowledgeable person on the forum. Some months ago I, in jest, suggested Ellie should be awarded an honorary Professorship in Neurology. It was only partly in jest. She has travelled this MND road longer than most of us and has clearly researched every facet of this disease. My appeal is for Ellie to reconsider. there are many 'silent' participants out there whom she has helped immeasureably with her remarkable fund of knowledge as regards MND. The larger community will experience her recusal as a massive loss.

Charles

Forum Member
    Forum:

To put it bluntly:
    Ellie's loss to the forum feels like a death.

Charles

Forum Member
    Very sad. I haven't been a member very long but I had lots of good advice and help from Ellie. She will miss the forum too.

Dear Ellie,

I am sorry that you found my post offensive. I looked at it, and found it funny, and copied and pasted in into the 'Need a Laugh' thread thinking that it was harmless, and funny.

I think that you need the forum, and the forum certainly needs your expert, experienced and educated input, as well as all the wonderful support and advice you give to so many.

I think that you are so much more important for the forum than me because of the above, and am quite willing to leave the forum if you return, and wish that.

Sincerely,
    CC xox
    Love feels no burden, thinks nothing of trouble, attempts what is above its strength, pleads no excuse of impossibility; for it thinks all things lawful for itself, and all things possible.

Hi Cc, I don't think either of you should stop posting. You both are so helpful to everyone who uses this forum. You have apologized and hopefully Ellie will return too. Nothing will be benefited by your leaving .Lorret x
    Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
    and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
    Happiness never decreases by being shared. Buddha

Forum Member
    Come back Ellie...I really enjoy reading your posts...You are so knowledgeable and helpful...Dani

Forum Member
    Hi CC, You're both so thoughtful and helpful to other people who are on this forum through no fault of their own.
    I hope to see both of you posting soon.
    Bern x