Thread: Need your ideas..

Forum Member

Need your ideas..

I'm trying to come up with ideas on what my best friend and I can do to rekindle our friendship, which has been lost in the whirlwind me being a carer and trying to keep on top of all the stuff that needs to be done. I've forgotten my friend in all the effort of caring for my friend.

We have a list of shows we like to watch together, which is fun, but it isn't really "doing" something together.

I'm want to come up with a few things we can DO, but I suck with coming up with activity ideas likes this. Even with my kids, I turn to my best friend to come up with the ideas.

We enjoy puzzles, and board games and such, but the limited use of her arms (well, arm) and hands would make that difficult. I thought maybe Boggle (without the timer) as she could write words onto her iPad.

Now she has an electric wheelchair, I want to get out more when the weather is nice. But we need things we can do indoors, as this is England and the weather isn't often nice.

Any thoughts?

Pen
    Hanging in there, one day at a time.

Hi Pen, I started to make jewellery, when I started caring for Tom. It was something easy to set up and could leave it if I was needed elsewhere. I use semi precious stones and silver . It's very relaxing coming up with ideas and designing things . Lorret
    Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
    and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
    Happiness never decreases by being shared. Buddha

Forum Member
    That’s cool, but I need something we can do together.

Forum Member
    Hi Penwiggle, we play cribbage, five card, on a regular basis. Keep three in your hand and put two in the box. Another thing we do is FutureLearn courses (loads there). Just follow one together. We also do baking together...great fun and really tactile etc. I'll keep thinking and get back to you.
    Love Fru X

Forum Member
    Cards might be an idea. I checked out FutureLearn, looks cool. I've been meaning to brush up on my Spanish and maybe start on French.

My friend misses cooking SO VERY much, but unfortunately can't do it now. This disease is seriously evil.

Pen

Forum Member
    There's some really interesting free, online short courses on FuturLearn.

What about simply going out for a walk that's what I miss I can't walk very far and it's nicer to go with somebody even being alone

Forum Member
    How about getting a bird feeder or even putting out food for the hedgehogs? (if there are any where you live). Watching wildlife together can be really therapeutic and cheers us up especially if the goldfinches turn up.

Find a mobile beautician and have a home treatments i enjoy these with my daughter.

Wendy

Forum Member

Games

If it games you are looking for have you thought of magnetic board games or even making you own boards to either lay flat on tables or prop up for a better angle to play or even hang on the wall, on Amazon I found chess and draughts there is also 3d snakes and ladders which looked fun I like snakes and ladders, and even if moving a piece of the games become difficult a laser pen could show you where a piece.