Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mum newly diagnosed, thinking about voice banking

you're welcome

Thank you Lee, yes I found the pdf very useful and sent it on to mum. I've been looking for a headset like yours/without AGC all day so we can have a go tomorrow when I see her. I didn't spot the video on your blog post - will go and have a look now.
    P

Loved the vid. You have a new follower
    P

Forum Member
    Hi Lee This is interesting and admirable. Do you have any advice for recording the 1600 sentences for Modeltalker for those of us with less stamina? And how does this fit together with Predictable for you? Do you have a small weatherproof Bluetooth speaker to boost your voice? Finally, can you think of any further improvements which would make the voice even better? Thanks, Phil (Hopewinds)

Hi Phil,

I’m sure Lee will answer in good time but meanwhile I offer my experience of voice recording. I took 6 weeks to complete all 1600 phases and I didn’t record every day. Take your time as it is not critical to rush and we all have better days. I use a Bluetooth speaker to amplify my voice and if I am presenting at a meeting I will have already prepared my speech. I occasionally switch between the different male voice options as well as my own and I find that altering the speed and pitch can help.

Day to day I still have a weak voice but sometimes the words are not audible. When I have some spare time I type and store regularly used phrases in predictable but the issue with building a library of common phrases is being able to find them when needed.

Good luck with the recording sessions.

Barry
    Life is a journey, not a destination.

Hello I hate speak to text do you know if there is an app that will recognise your accent immediately shattering to have to constantly correct the words it doesn't understand thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Onein400 View Post
    I have written a step by step, dare I say Dummyís, guide on how to voice bank using modeltalker. Itís the only product really
    I thought I would have a play.

The software download is apparently a legacy product - does not work on Windows 10 - we are not a Mac house here

And the browser version seems not to like Opera - have others been using Chrome?

Forum Member
    Hi Nunhead,

As far as I know, Modeltalker doesn't record on Mac.
    I'm using it to record my voice on Windows 10 laptop. We were told we needed Chrome as a webrowser.
    I've only recorded 300 sentences and listened to the voice so far. It doesn't sound too bad!

Bern

I recorded my voice with modeltalker using the chrome browser on my iMac. I have the predictable app on my iPad with my own voice. Modeltalker is compatible with windows and iOS.

Good luck with the rest of the recording Bern. Only 1300 to go. Have a rest, enjoy Christmas and come back to it in the new year.

Barry xD81ED52A-0554-4F9D-9FF4-31D2918F355B.jpg
    Last edited by Barry52; 22nd December 2017 at 11:18.
    Life is a journey, not a destination.

Forum Member
    Ah thanks Barry! Happy Christmas to you and yours!
    Bern x