Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Power wheelchair

I passed my assessment last week. Been out a couple of times. Don't feel so secure as in my scooter but sure I'll get used to it. The fact we've all been dealt a rubbish hand I'm so thankful for technology. Definitely makes life easier!!

Hi Pink;

It's not so easy to keep in straight lines so be careful near curbs and slopes, especially on bumpy paths etc.

Wheelchairs are a lot better in shops so get shopping.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Yes Terry. We went shopping today and it's was definitely easier manoevering than the scooter.

Forum Member
    Hi
    I'm getting a Salsa Mini wheelchair in a few weeks . Had my assessment and tried it out ,she was very good and when I told her I have a back and hip problem ,she has ordered an appropriate cushion for seat and back rest with head support. What I want to know is that when I'm in wheelchair permanently will I be able to reach the kitchen worktops ? It doesn't have a raising unit on it but she mentioned briefly that it can be added at a cost . I am just wondering if this can be added at a later date or is it best now while it is been made at manufactures ?
    Best wishes
    Love Chris

Hi Chris;

It could be added later but the cost would probably be considerably more, even double. Because they would have to come out and fit a ram, alter the chair and route electrics and reprogram the controller.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi Chris,

I think it is best to order the seat rise function now, i.e. at initial order stage. I don't know if it can be retro-fitted and, even if it can, it'd mean being without the chair for a while when it is back with the manufacturer.

One Forum member was lucky enough to get her chair come with that function and hadn't specifically ordered it! But that's not the norm.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.

Forum Member
    Hi
    Thanks Terry and Ellie I hope it's not too late ,I will ring up after Easter holidays and speak to them . I went for assessment two weeks ago and she said she would put the order in that week so the manufacturer hasn't had the order that long !
    Best wishes
    Love Chris