Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fatigue

Steven A Williams

Fatigue

Hi all,
    I have bulbar onset lower motor neurone ALS, and am getting very tired a lot of the time. I know fatigue is aa big issue for ALS patients. Does anyone have any hints or suggestions/meds etc?
    I have been chelating for a couple of months, which could add to the problem.
    Thanks
    Steve

Hi Steve,

Not quite sure what you mean by chelating.

Most people with mnd do get this. Is your breathing ok, and are you sleeping?

What meds do you take?

I feel tired if I just sit down and don’t move, it gets me physically and mentally.

Some of us don't have the option but if you do then get out and do things. Of course this hot weather doesn't help.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Plan ahead and allow a couple of days to recover. No matter how unenergetic I am, if I'm out it slowly but surely saps my energy so I know to pace myself. But self awareness is one thing and doing what is best doesn't usually happen!!

Forum Member
    Hi,
    I'm doing very little other than showering with help, dressing with help and walking to the stair lift with help. By late afternoon I'm exhausted.
    I'm sleeping very badly after a fall.
    Would that contribute to this great fatigue?
    Thanks,
    Bern x

Hi Bern;

Maybe get something to help with your sleeping every other night.

The time of the year doesn't help as well as the clocks going back. I have felt tiered in the early evening which is not normal for me.

Hopefully you will soon recover from the fall and sleep better.

You don't get early morning head aches do you?

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Thanks Terry.
    No I don't get headaches at all - yet!
    What sort of thing would I get to help me to sleep?
    Thanks again,
    Bern x

I would ask your Doctor Bern;

I listen to talking books sometimes to get my mind off of things at night.

Your breathing is probably OK during the night time. Having head aches when you first wake up and general tiredness would be possible signs of poor overnight breathing.

Love Terry

ccinjersey
    Hi Bern

I hope your wrists and other aches and pains from the fall are healing quickly for you.

I recently fell asleep at a stop light while driving! it was a very scary moment to say the least, I didn't even know my eyes closed until other cars were beeping for me to go. My fatigue was due working long hours and lack of sleep. I guess when your body is tired its tired and just wants sleep when needed.

xox

Forum Member
    Thanks CC. Oh my goodness, you must have been exhausted falling asleep at a red light!
    Take care,
    Bern x

The problem is chelation while ridding you of mercury could also Leach Iron from your blood if you are not suffering from poisoning be very careful