Thread: North and East Regional Conference today!

Smile North and East Regional Conference today!

Good Morning everyone!

I'm live today from our North and East Regional conference! Our programme includes discussing Aspects of Care, a talk from Dr Haris Starvroulakis, and our Campaigns Manager Julie Compton facilitating an interactive session on MND costs. You can watch on Facebook live here.

If you have any questions now or throughout the day, please leave a comment below.

Hayley

Our Regional Delivery Manager Tracey Thompson will soon be sharing a families experience of caring for some living with MND, followed by a interactive session that we'd love you to contribute to. She'll be asking the question, 'What could the MND Association do, or do more of, to support the needs of families and carers, including children and young people, affected by MND?'

Have a nurse like they do for cancer sufferers! to say look there is somebody to help you !my mother was diagnosed 20 years ago and she if hadn't gone to the library herself and diagnosed herself! we would've still been waiting around.
    There has to be a very strong campaign to teach therapists not just doctors about motor neurone disease they are still clueless. And this is 17 years after my mothers death

Thanks Streetwise, i'll most certainly pass on your comments.

We're in to our final session now with our Campaigns Manger Julie Compton talking about Campaigning to Make a Difference. As part of this session we'd really like to know What the biggest issue you and your family face living with MND day to day?

Submit your comments or questions and we'll share here at the conference.

That's all from me, thanks everyone!

Just asking but I very much doubt that it will happen.

Does anyone in the Ipswich area fancy driving my WAV Kangoo van to Bedford for the Mnda conference on the 24th.

If you can ask mnda connect to email me.

Regards Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.