Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: text to speech

Type in Windows report.com / text to speech apps for Windows 10 , there are quite a few but as I'm autistic I have a very mild learning disability so I can't perceive which one is ideal for you .

Quote Originally Posted by Streetwise View Post
    Type in Windows report.com / text to speech apps for Windows 10 , there are quite a few but as I'm autistic I have a very mild learning disability so I can't perceive which one is ideal for you .

They are Read Aloud apps i.e.they enable articles, books etc to be read aloud. They are not for text to speech purposes with an AT onscreen keyboard unfortunately.
    Last edited by Ellie; 19th November 2017 at 19:46.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Andrew, can you add phrases to the dictionary, but is it a Grid? No.

Click2Speak is usually stable; any idea why it's crashing? Look at Task Manager when it crashes for clues on background processes.

Ellie.

Forum Member
    got my tobii eye tracker 4c but not sure how to use it to operate my laptop . i callibrated it ok, that's as far as I got i thought it would be easy . any advice greatly appreciated Andrew

It is easy & straightforward to install the eye tracker. Did you download the Tobii software / drivers?

Forum Member
    yes i downloaded the software it works on the calibration but can't use optikey . will try again tomorrow

If this is the first time you have used your eye tracker with OptiKey you will need to tell OptiKey which device you want to use. Open OptiKey's Management Console (with OptiKey focussed press ALT + M) and select the "Pointing & Selecting” tab.

Change the "Source" (under "Pointing”) to your tracking device.

Leave the "Key selection source" and “Point selection source" set to "Fixation" for now.

Click "OK" to save your changes. OptiiKey may need to restart, but your changes will be saved.

Ellie.
    Last edited by Ellie; 23rd November 2017 at 18:03.

Forum Member
    thanks ellie been speaking to the guy who made optikey and he put me on the right track . all working good now got my eyegaze back from the repairers as well so i'm spoilt for choice now .. Andrew