Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wet Room Help

Well basically i am designing myself, funding myself, getting the builders, getting all the equipment. I think MND when applied to government means Must Not Donate!!!

Thanks Fru for your input, very helpful

Morning Christoff
    I converted garage to form a wet room and store . Very similar job to yours 17000 was total cost of project including ramp driveway to front and decking at rear to give level access . Garage roof was shot so I put a pitch roof on with velum lights . Almost forgot I had to increase width of two doors and move gas meter .IMG_0611.jpg

Hurrah - planning application has been submitted so we just now await the process to begin

Forum Member
    Hi, we are having a bit of quiet time after having our wet room done. I will try to post a picture... Also we had a roof put on our conservatory to give us extra living space. DSC_0033 (1).jpg

Forum Member
    Hi again, We are going to be living downstairs very shortly I think. The house is covered in dust. Ed has his first wheelchair assessment next week, our OT put the request in last April. We are self funding so we are having to work to a priority list. We think we are doing okay.
    Best wishes to you all
    Fru XX

Well we are having a time with our application, apparently the front extension may not sit in with the street scene! I have looked at the documentation and it all looks very subjective. Also we are at the top of a cul-de-sac and no direct roads passing us. Our street isn't a set of box houses where a front extension would look out of place....honestly i give up sometimes, this condition is hard enough to cope with without the added bonus of jumped up little officienados putting a spanner in the works.. i will await the decision imminently

Hi Christoff

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your application. We would be very happy to write a support letter regarding your application if it would be helpful?

We often write support letters for a variety of situations as it can sometimes help to explain more about MND and it's impact and how something such as an adaptation can improve someone's quality of life.

We can't promise that it will make a difference but it's certainly worth a try. Please do let me know if you think this would be helpful and we can discuss it in a bit more detail.

Best Wishes

Rachel

Hi christoff
    Don't forget it's not planners who pass plans it's councilors . Your in a very strong position find out who is in planing committee and email them all . Get support letter off Rachel and when they come to see you explain why u need to extend front . I know it's a pain in the bum but I will be amazed if you loose . You need to get everything to gether and put your case . Good luck mate

Hi everyone, thought I better keep wet room questions all together on one forum.I've got a bit of a dilemma and really can't make my mind up so any advice would be very muchappreciated.
    This might seem A silly question to many but it's important to me
    I need a wet room but I'm not sure where to put it. I have an ensuite shower room which I'm told is too small to convert. I have a bathroom upstairs which was redone just before I was diagnosed and is so lovely. Downstairs I have a small study room which could be converted to a wet room at greater expense. The room is tucked away so would be relatively private.
    I have a stairlift so can get up and down okay at the moment. The bedrooms are all upstairs and I have no plans to sleep downstairs.
    Regardless of any possible funding I have to get this adaptation done . My OT has said that either option would work . Neither is going to be perfect . I have a downstairs cloakroom but it's way too small for me to use in the wheelchair that I'm soon going to need.
    I'm trying to think of all the different scenarios but can't decide. Everyone keeps saying it's my decision .

I realise I'm very fortunate in having options but sometimes that can make things more difficult! I've been stalling on this and I can't really afford to. It's yet another milestone to deal with in accepting my new normal. All advice welcome.
    Thank you and best wishes to all of you x

Forum Member
    Hi Newbie,

We have a wetroom upstairs in the family bathroom. It's been great until this week when my legs have weakened more. I was very blinkered and said I had no intention of having a downstairs bedroom.
    Last night I would have given anything to have all facilities on the downstairs level.

Bern x