Thread: Double profiling bed, capable of splitting

Forum Member

Double profiling bed, capable of splitting

we are in search of 2 single profiling beds that link together to create a double. carers need access to both sides of me if needed but my wife and I wish to still sleep together. i can find a material covered bed but as the CCG are funding one half it has to be a wood surround for infection control. we would like a normal looking bed as we have 2 young children and want the house to remain as unmedical as possible. does anyone know of any manufacturers?

Hi Winston and welcome to the forum,

You can buy double beds that do some of the movements of profile beds but they probably won't do all of them. Also you might find your carers not willing to lean over the other side to sort you out.

I just wonder if a standard profile bed would be OK because the height can be altered to match another single bed. You would need a big bedroom for that.

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member

like this but wood

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Hi Winston and welcome to the forum,

You can buy double beds that do some of the movements of profile beds but they probably won't do all of them. Also you might find your carers not willing to lean over the other side to sort you out.

I just wonder if a standard profile bed would be OK because the height can be altered to match another single bed. You would need a big bedroom for that.

Best wishes, Terry
    https://www.laybrook.com/adjustable-...ns/corfelinked

Is this another troll advertising products.
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi Winston,

Welcome to the forum.

I think you’re going to struggle getting a non-divan style linked profile bed, because, by their full bed-to-floor nature, they can be easily & solidly linked. Would a wooden headboard satisfy the infection control risk? It’s silly to have that stipulation in a home setting

I wonder if the Community Nurse would supply one as they often arrange for one if needed. If you haven’t asked him/her about a bed, no harm in doing so.

Just a note on divan bases: it’s best to have access under the bed should you ever need a stand-alone hoist. This can be done using plinths (about 6cm high) but that may cause issues in moving the linked bed for access, which defeats the whole purpose! Also, a height adjustable bed, i.e. one that goes up and down is better than one which is always at the one height.

Sorry I can’t recommend a bed to you Winston, good luck with your quest.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hi Barry52. Based on our information, we can confirm that user winston006 is a genuine forum user.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry52 View Post
    Is this another troll advertising products.
    Hi winston,

Please accept my apology. We get a number of trolls on this site so your first post was unusual without an introduction.

I hope you find what you are looking for in the bed and please don’t let my initial post scare you away as I did not mean to offend you.

Best wishes,
    Barry

Barry, you're a gentleman x
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Thank you Ellie.

I try to emulate my dear dad who was always referred to in those terms.

Barry x