Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hello I'm a 48 year old mum of two boys with the best man in the world.
    on the 15th November we were called in to neurology for the "Sorry to tell you " chat.
    So here we are dealing with the fall out and overloaded with info and emotions that go with it.
    Hopefully THIS FORUM can help.

I'm sure this forum will help. I was in your position this time card last year. I too have two lovely sons and an amazing husband. You are going through a whirlwind of emotions at the moment. Ask any questions you want and sure you will lots of advice and support from the rest of us x

Hi Bird and welcome to the forum.

Sorry about your diagnosis; it is indeed a shock to the system and your head will be spinning with all forms of emotions. But, life goes on; it'll be different, for sure, but you'll learn to laugh, enjoy life with your 3 chaps and to live with MND.

It is easy to get overwhelmed in the first few months, so go at your own pace and don't forget to breathe...

I am also 48 and mum to a wonderful 14yo girl and an equally wonderful 16yo boy.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.

Forum Member
    Hi Bird and welcome

The first few weeks following diagnosis are a terrible emotional roller coaster. We've all been there, and though it does get easier you'll still have the occasional meltdown, I do. You'll probably have lots of questions you want to ask. Well just ask them on this forum, no matter what they are, there are some great people on here who will be happy to answer.

Best wishes
    Andy

Hello and welcome Bird,

Now that you have found us you will have forum friends for life. We share support, advice and a little humour from time to time to help us through each day.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Life is a journey, not a destination.

Forum Member
    Hello Bird and welcome to the forum.
    The first few weeks after diagnosis are totally overwhelming but you’ve found a great place to ask questions and correspond with people who totally understand your feelings.
    Your family are obviously a great support to you.
    Take care,
    Love Bern x

IMG_0356.jpgwelcome

Welcome Bird

You found the great place for advice, support, knowledge and friendship by a group of wonderful people that truly understand what you, and your family are experiencing, and are always here for a chat.

The very best to you, and your family in the days ahead.

CCxx

Forum Member
    Hello Bird and welcome!

I was just diagnosed last week so living those early emotions just like you. This forum has already helped me and I know it will do the same for you. Everyone one here is living it in one way or another. Either with the disease or a loved one, it affects us all. I've also found Twitter has a great presence with #MND and people the disease affects. And here I always thought social media was a waste. lol

My best advice is to stay strong, cry when you need and laugh when you can. Accept all the help you can get. Sharing is so therapeutic.

Rick xx
    Never a victim, always a fighter

Thank you everybody
    Im still waiting for OT to call to make an appointment.
    i was wondering if anyone here is on any drug trials ?