Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wash and Dry Toilets - Do they work?

Last edited by Pinkelle; 3rd March 2018 at 10:41.

Pink, that is a wonderful story. All those people coming together to help you, just lovely.
    I'm just starting on the wet room project, so you will be hearing more from me on this post no doubt! would you mind taking a photograph of the ramp you have had built at the front of your house? I've just bought a six-foot portable ramp and a threshold ramp. They're not ideal but I can at least get out of the house now with some help. Yayyy!

Bern, forgot to add your new bathroom is looking great, hope it's making life much easier for you.

Of course you can newbie. It's just a temporary platform as we are having new driveway laid in few weeks which will ramp up to the door. I can't get out at the moment without help x

Forum Member
    Hi Pink,

What a brilliant story. As Newbie says it's wonderful all those people working together to help you.
    It'll be great when it's finished.
    Please put some photos online when it's done.

Thanks Newbie. Wet room is great but we have two toilets and they're both upstairs.
    I have a stair lift but it's getting incredibly tiring going upstairs several times a day!

Bern x

I know how you feel Bern. Most of my energy seems to go on getting to the loo and back. And I keep getting told to drink more water!

That's what gets me down. I seem to wee for England in the mornings. Then it's waiting for the stair lift to get you upstairs and then I'm bursting! So much easier having wet room downstairs.

Pink, such a lovely thing to happen - who needs Nick Knowles when you're on FB

Fair play to your local trades people.

Ellie x.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hi Bern,

I know it's not the preferred option, but what about having a commode for downstairs - even if just for days when you're particularly tired?

Love Ellie.

Hi Helen,

May I ask how you get to and from the loo? As you say, drinking plenty of water is important, but I can understand why some are reluctant to do so!!

Love Ellie.