Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Side effects - dodgy stomach...

Welcome Chris and sorry to hear about you husband's diagnosis.

I'd also be hesitant to blame the Riluzole causing his stomach issue 3 weeks after starting the medicine. I'm sorry it has been such a hard few weeks for you both.

If he ants to restart taking Riluzole when he is feeling better, he could take one tablet per day for 2 weeks to see how it goes, then take the usual dose of 2 tablets per day.

I hope he is getting good support from the MND Clinic and the community team.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Forum Member
    Thanks for the welcome Terry
    It has been an odd time getting our heads around the news and telling friends and family but I can honestly say that I am humbled by the kindness of everyone. I am sure that we have a tough journey ahead but it is a comfort to know how much support is out there including this Forum.
    Glad you are on the up
    Chrissie

Forum Member
    Hi Ellie

We thought it was just a bug but after reading about similar 'clear mucous' we felt it was more than a coincidence. Si does want to take the Riluzole and I think once his tummy is right again we will try reducing the dose at first.

Our MND Clinic has been great and I am keen to go to the next MNDA meeting although Si is a little reluctant. He has amazing positivity and determination which I hope will help him as his symptoms progress.

With love
    Chrissie

Chrissie, Si's positivity will certainly stand to him - no doubt about it!!

I was very reluctant to go to any meetings too; I didn't want to be amongst those people (even though I was one )

And it can be very upsetting seeing people more advanced than you - a hard reality check... He'll find his path. But for you, the meetings can be great; you're not alone.

Best wishes,
    Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Chrissie
    Steve was very reluctant to go the local MNDA group, but we started going about 6 months after diagnosis when he finished work. It is the best thing we did it has been such a help and supportive group and we have made many friends.
    Sue

In reference to the branch meetings, yesterday at the Nottingham branch we had a presentation from a pharmacist who had been working for 20 in his profession. He talked about neurological diseases in general and how lifestyle, environment and diet are increasing the incidence of these health issues. Although his primary function is to issue drugs prescribed by doctors, he is a firm believer in supplements.
    We were a little down on attendees due to winter bugs but the 30 or so people enjoyed the presentation and it provoked many questions.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!