Thread: Shoes

Shoes

Hi
    any advice on easy to put on shoes ?
    i've replaced my laces with Hickies but still find i'm having trouble with keeping hold of the tongue when pulling my trainers on.

Hi Bird,

My OT gave me a long-handled shoe horn when I was at your stage, which I found useful (I also had elastic laces) They're widely available.

I'm the kill-joy of pretty shoes and always advocate for supportive footwear over fashion, because falling is a no-no!

Love your photo, btw!

Ellie x.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.

i love your pic too
    i am finding velcro hard to undo so slip on's seem to be the way forward, until i'm no longer walking then i think i'll buy some 19 hole Dr Martins boots LOL
    Last edited by Bird; 8th December 2017 at 18:23.

Skechers pumps are very easy and the memory foam ones are like walking on air.

yep ive been thinking of getting some as i already have 3 pairs with laces that now have hickies in instead.

Forum Member
    Bird and others, I use a grabber for lots of things and I now wear shoes and slippers with Velcro. The grabber is easy to use as only got right side of me that works. I brought few pairs from Cosyfeet as you get them a bit wider so easier to put on. The slippers are wonderful and nice and warm for this time of the year.
    Best wishes John

Quote Originally Posted by JAY TEE View Post
    Bird and others, I use a grabber for lots of things and I now wear shoes and slippers with Velcro. The grabber is easy to use as only got right side of me that works. I brought few pairs from Cosyfeet as you get them a bit wider so easier to put on. The slippers are wonderful and nice and warm for this time of the year.
    Best wishes John
    thanks john