Thread: Help with Christmas

Forum Member

Help with Christmas

I was starting to drown in Amazon boxes but this morning 1 of my carers came on her day off to sort everything for me.
    At the end she offered to take rubbish to the tip for me .
    Every thing now for hubby to wrap and label with my guidance
    I was the organiser for Christmas last year when I could walk well and had only lost my voice and ability to chew so had a puréed Christmas dinner.This year I am in power chair lost my swallow and right hand with curled fingers .
    What a difference a day makes and not for better.
    AM
    X

How kind of that carer to help on her day off AM; you obviously treat her kindly too...

Yes, Christmases are different now, but nevertheless, it's good to be with family and friends.

Take care,
    Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Hello Alfie’s Mum, what a lucky lady you are to have such a thoughtful carer. I cannot think of many who would come to help on a day off.
    I agree with Ellie, you must be kind to her too. isn’t Amazon wonderful
    Happy Xmas Maeve x

Forum Member
    My carers are lovely and I do treat them well .They know they can have a hot drink if they want and use the loo too..My young cat entertains them by riding on my hoist as it is wheeled and sitting on the back of my Chair on guard while I have my feed.
    In return they are gentle and patient with me “talking”.
    AM
    X

How lovely to have good carers they make such a difference in our life
    I am in the part of the country that is covered in snow this morning still my carers made the effort to get here they have cut their day short as they have a distance to travel home none of their clients minded in the slightest because they are such nice people

Forum Member
    Rumba & Alfies Mum. It’s lovely to know that there are such caring people to look after you Maeve x