Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raymond

Raymond

Hi to all im just coming to terms with the news I have mnd was diagnosed last week after a 7 month going backwards and forwards to hospital and finally I got it confirmed on Thursday from the neurologist . I was in total shock but I knew there was something wrong because my speech and started to downhill and my energy levels was rock bottom but im trying to stay positive and im doing little bits of work to keep me going my wife is my rock and so caring my wife is a practise manager so see lots of upset in her job but for now I have no movement issues but I get very tired when walking my son's have been told so very supportive and this Christmas will be wonderful any way hope you all a wonderfull Christmas and happy new year

Forum Member
    Hi Raymond,

Welcome to the forum even though it's a place you would rather not be. You will get lots of good advice and support so don't be afraid to ask anything.

It's great that your wife and sons are supportive. You being positive is good too.

It's normal to have low energy and to get tired when walking. It sometimes difficult learning that you have to conserve energy and pace yourself!

All good wishes to you and your family.

Bern x

Forum Member
    Dear Raymond, With your lovely family around you, have a happy Christmas and thank you for your good wishes. This fits the remedy for the shock and grief following diagnosis - distraction plus the company of those who know ( just my conclusion 10 months after)
    Love to you
    Roadahead x

Good Morning Ray,

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis. This forum has an abundance of wonderful and supportive people on it, it really helped me in my recent diagnosis.

Keeping positive is a massive thing in my opinion!

Hope you all have a nice Christmas and wonderful 2018!

All the best

James x

Welcome Raymond,

We all struggle with the diagnosis initially but once we get our heads in gear we find ways to adapt and move forward. It is probably too early for you yet but you will get lots of support and advice from our forum family.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Life is a journey, not a destination.

Thank you for yr reply

Quote Originally Posted by Barry52 View Post
    Welcome Raymond,

We all struggle with the diagnosis initially but once we get our heads in gear we find ways to adapt and move forward. It is probably too early for you yet but you will get lots of support and advice from our forum family.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Thank you for yr reply

Thank you so much

Thank you for your reply

Welcome Raymond.

The emotions you're having to cope with do abate over time, but there's no denying the fact that it's a difficult time for you & your family.

I hope the cuts and bruises aren't due to you falling on the floor!!

You might need extra calories at your early stage to give you enough energy, as everything requires so much effort (= calories)
    Mind you, at this time of the year extra calories are easy to come by!

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.

Forum Member
    Hi Raymond. Have to second that about calories. Dont lose weight. But stay positive. The brain is at the centre of most things. Including MND and a positive attitude helps.