Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adapting Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for people with MND

Adapting Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for people with MND

Do you have a diagnosis of motor neuron disease (MND)? Or are you caring for or have cared for someone with MND? If the answer is yes to either of these questions and you are aged 18 years and over then we would like to hear from you.

We are currently conducting a research study to see whether we can adapt Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for people with MND. Acceptance and Commitment Therapy is a new form of talking therapy that helps people to learn how to live with difficult or distressing thoughts, feelings or bodily sensations, while still doing things that really matter to them.

For more information about this study, please contact Becky Gould at r.gould@ucl.ac.uk or 020 7679 9225.

https://www.mndassociation.org/resea...tment-therapy/

Forum Member
    Hi Hayley,

The website link isn't working for me. It's reporting error code 404.

Bern

Same error message for me.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Bern Barry I copied the link and went on site and pasted link and it came up with stuff back to 2016. Think they got it wrong. Best wishes John

Good morning,

I have spoken to our research team who have now fixed the problem so the link should now work!

Thanks all,

Hayley

Hi Hayley,

This is not a criticism of you as the messenger but this survey will not result in many respondents. The link suggests phoning or emailing Becky Gould which excludes many of us without a voice. Even if we email, what are we asking for? There is no mention of the study outlines and having googled the subject the therapy is not clear to me.

This is just my take on the subject and others may be more enthusiastic. I would be happy to express my thoughts, positive and negative if the study formed the basis of an online survey.

Regards
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry52 View Post
    Hi Hayley,

This is not a criticism of you as the messenger but this survey will not result in many respondents. The link suggests phoning or emailing Becky Gould which excludes many of us without a voice. Even if we email, what are we asking for? There is no mention of the study outlines and having googled the subject the therapy is not clear to me.

This is just my take on the subject and others may be more enthusiastic. I would be happy to express my thoughts, positive and negative if the study formed the basis of an online survey.

Regards
    Barry

+1

Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Thank you for your feedback Bern! They are very valid points, I will feed this back to the team to see if they can provide any more detail.

Forum Member
    Hi Hayley,

It was actually Barry's feedback, seconded by Ellie. I agree - they are very valid points.

Bern

I have dropped Becky Gould an email , and will report back