Thread: Help appreciated re planning a wet room

Forum Member

Help appreciated re planning a wet room

Hello there

I am sure several people on this forum have had a wet room installed.

I am just at the planning stage & wondered if any of you can advise me of what I will need & what to avoid.
    Where do I start. Who you have used & were you happy with the job they did. Anything at all that you think might be helpful .

BTW we live near Blackpool, so if anyone has any experience of having had this type of work done, I would appreciate their comments

Many thanks in advance. Maeve
    Last edited by Roewe; 24th December 2017 at 13:38.

Hi Maeve,

There are quite a few threads on Wet Rooms - if you put Wet Room into the Key Words box of the Advanced Search function, you'll find plenty to read. This is the most recent thread: http://forum.mndassociation.org/show...highlight=room

Your OT should help you with measurements, fittings, grant info (if applicable) and maybe have a list of builders.

Good luck.

Ellie x.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hi Maeve;

Like Ellie says, there are quite a few threads on the subject.

If you say what area you live there just might be someone in your area that's had work done.

I always say, leaver taps and shower control, it is also nice to have separate flow and water temperature control. High outlet from your tap so you have plenty of room to wash your hands if they get poor.

Underfloor heating.

If there's any specific areas that you want to bring up then please do.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Thanks for your reply Ellie, its very helpful, the link was very useful too.
    Happy Xmas Maeve x

Forum Member
    Hi Terry

Thank you for your comments on wet room.
    I appreciate your help & advice.
    Good idea to let people know where we live too
    Happy Xmas Maeve x

Hi Maeve.
    Merry Christmas .
    What position are you thinking of having your wet room . A lift is not a massive thing to install and it makes use of all the house . Upgrade to bathroom is far simpler than starting from scratch because all drainage and water pipes are there . We considered it before garage conversion but our bathroom was far too small and room layout was poor when you put lift in

Forum Member
    Don't forget to get details of VAT exemptions.

Forum Member
    Hi Kevin
    Thanks for your advice. We have a bathroom downstairs ( which is the one we think we could convert) & a bedroom next door to it.
    Your input is appreciated Kevin. I will speak to you at the next MND meeting. Happy Xmas Maeve x

Forum Member
    Thankyou for that Miranda, it will be a big help. Maeve x