Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi I知 new and want to help and support those that I can

Forum Member

Hi I知 new and want to help and support those that I can

Hi,
    I lost my mum to MND in January of this year. To say this year has been turbulent would be an understatement. I am the eldest of two (my sister being a teenager) with very little family around. I have had a lot to deal with this year.
    I知 finally at the stage where I can talk about everything she went through and how we managed to get through it all.
    It has been the hardest time of my life since September 2016 when mum was diagnosed but I want to use my experiences to help and support others.
    If anyone has any questions ask away. From diagnosis to caring for her because there weren稚 any carers to explaining and supporting a teenager to understand the envitable, I will do my best to help.

Sam

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your mum and the hard times you and your sister went through.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Hi Sam and welcome to the forum;

Mnd is not easy for anyone but I can't imagine dealing with it when you are youngish and having other responsibilities.

Glad that you feel able to talk about your mum now as it does help you a bit. Guess Some time in January will be very hard.

There have been other young carers on here posting but they are few and far between.

Please feel free to join in.

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

hi sam

Forum Member
    Hi Bird

Forum Member
    Hello,
    My daughter is newly diagnosed and we are all still trying to come to terms, thank you for offering knowledge and advice

Forum Member
    Hi Sam, sorry to hear you have had a difficult time. I am sure you will be able to help a lot on here from your perspective. Just reply to threads if you feel you have some support to offer.
    Love Fru xx

Forum Member
    Hi Sam

Forum Member
    Hi Lynne

Forum Member
    Hi, it’s a bombshell that takes time to come to terms with. Please feel free to ask me anything