Thread: Hello

Forum Member

Hello

Hi all, my wife was diagnosed in September 2017 after many trips to GP and T&O Drs. She has had symptoms for over 3 years and was pretty much fobbed off as having other ailments. She is now having great support/care from our local MDT. I work as a HCP and she did prior to having to take early retirement. She was 53 when she retired. I wish to say hello to you all , comments and support on here look great as we all appear be in the same place. I wonder if anyone has advice re: stair lift companies who hire for curved staircases ( we live in South West Wales). Thanks.

Forum Member
    Hi, really sorry about your wife’s diagnosis.
    I’m glad that you’re getting good support and that you’re finding the forum a good help.
    I live in the North East of England and the OT organised the stair lift. You could maybe ask for advice - you’re in a good place to think of who to ask locally because of your profession.
    Alternatively, there is sure to be someone on the forum who can advise on the position in South West Wales.

Bern x

Hello and welcome to the forum family. I’m sorry to hear about your wife’s diagnosis but we will offer support and information as you and your wife learn how to best cope with the disability.

If you use the search function at the top right of the forum page you will find historical references to your keywords subject. MND Connect Helpline will also point you in the right direction.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Life is a journey, not a destination.