Thread: Hi

Forum Member

Hi

Was diagnosed in August 16 and went from someone who was fit and healthy, went to the gym and even done a half marathon in 2014 to someone who sits in a powerchair, paralzed and can only use head controls. I hate MND with a vengeance and it robbed me of living and my 9 month old son of a mama. I only exist now. Sorry for the doom and gloom

Hi IV73

You do not need to apologise for the doom and gloom as I am sure all here will understand how much you hate MND, given what it has done to you.

It sounds like you are well sorted out, practically speaking?

At least having a wheelchair as you describe makes it sounds like that?

And if that is not the case, I am sure others here will be able to help with whatever it is.

I would like to think you do more than just exist as I hope you are in the hearts of some of those around you who care for you?

Hello and welcome IV,

I’m sorry to hear about your situation and I can understand your feelings of anger and frustration, living with MND. This forum is a great place to vent frustration and anger. You appear from the timescale to have experienced a rapid progression. I meet a lot of people living with MND who are at various stages of the disease but I have yet to meet someone who feels they only exist. I appreciate you finding it hard with a child so young but your son will offer love unconditionally.

Whilst we have no control over how this disease affects us, we do remain in control of our ability to think and the power of positive thoughts is a potent medicine. I hope you have all the support you need and deserve and please keep in touch.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Life is a journey, not a destination.

Forum Member
    Welcome IV

Sorry to hear of your situation, as well as the sadness, and anger your experiencing. As Barry, and Nunhead stated this forum is a great place to vent to those who understand. Forum members here can provide you much support, advice, knowledge, and friendship.

Wishing you, and your family all the best.

CCxox

Forum Member
    Hi Iv73
    Very sorry to hear of your progression and feelings today. Barry52, Nunhead man and ccinjersey et al are right in their comments. Seldom we are truelly totaly alone in this journey when people care for us.
    My wife D is getting close to where you are with your progress with MND after one year from diagnosis. I woke up this morning and she had typed out "happy birthday" before i went to wake her, yes it was my birthday. All the family came round to wish me happy birthday but their first point of call was to kiss and cuddle mom and grandma. I clearly dont know your personal circumstances but i do know kiss and cuddle your son each morning and bed time with ur positive feelings, he will remember those for a life time besr wishes
    Steve