Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How

Exclamation How

Hi everybody,

I'm Raj, 62 years, from KERALA, INDIA was a healthy and active man till about 6 years ago when I started feeling some weekness in the thumb on the left leg. Slowly, I stared getting incidences of foot drop and within one year of starting of symptoms I was unable to walk and was confined to a wheel chair...rest is history....

Hi Raj,

I assume you have all the support systems in place i.e. respiratory, speech and language, dietary and OT. If you have a topic you want to research then type a key word into the search engine within the forum page.

As a matter of interest I holidayed in Kerala 8 years ago and we toured the region extensively. Of the 3 regions of India I have been to, Kerala is my favourite and the food is superb.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi Raj;

I always think of things in India as being very hard for the disabled people. Although you do make some nice things out there.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Hi Raj,
    Welcome to the forum where you will get lots of good advice.
    I'm sorry that you've been diagnosed with this cruel disease and I hope you're getting some help with the various symptoms.
    I've never visited India but my sister has several times because her husband belongs to a village some distance from Mumbai. I've got to say that my brother in law makes the most amazing food so I know what Barry means!
    Make sure you keep in touch on the forum.
    Take care,
    Bern

Thanks Barry.

Barry is a 2016 American drama film directed by Vikram Gandhi about Barack Obama's life.!!

Thanks Bern

Hi Barry,
    Mine is a slow progressive mnd - as said by my neurologist team of national institute for mental health and neuro science Bangalore. Could you please tell me what kind of MND is this

Hi Raj,

I was diagnosed with PLS 6 years ago. Primary lateral sclerosis is a slow progression MND which is mainly upper body and it affects swallowing, causes choking and loss of speech. Balance is also affected and falls can be frequent unless we swallow our pride and use a walker. Emotions are often heightened for example laughing or crying inappropriately. Often early diagnosis is ALS and after a period of time, usually 4 or 5 years the neurologist will change it to PLS. I was lucky enough to have one of the most respected consultant in the world of MND and she was right first time.

Another form of MND which is slower progression is PMA, primary muscular atrophy. I am not going to second guess your condition Raj but it is worth pointing out that many of the symptoms of all types of MND have some overlap.

I think all our members here on the forum would support me in saying take one day at a time and make it count. Don’t dwell on what you used to be able to do and look forward to embracing a new challenge in life. Most of all enjoy your retirement.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Bern,
    My wife also cooks delicious and amazing foods. You are invited. !!.