Thread: New to Forum

Forum Member

New to Forum

My husband Simon was diagnosed with MND in Nov 2017, it has been life changing news and we are still coming to terms with it all. Simon is 48 and has always been fit and healthy, we have been married for 28 years and have 3 beautiful grown up children, this should be our time and now we feel like time is against us. He is very positive and determined to live life to the full and I am determined to do that with him. I have no doubt that I can care for him but after reading some posts I am not sure that I am fully aware of what lies ahead. I hope that this forum will help us both face the future.
    Chrissie

Welcome (formally!) to the forum Chrissie, and also to Simon.

It's impossible really for you to know what lies ahead for you both; you kind of learn as you go along!

You shouldn't forget to live your life, and that's not being selfish. You need to be in good health, physically & mentally, to help and support Simon. Take any help you're offered.

I am also 48 and have had ALS/MND for 11 years.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Hi Crissie
    I too was diagnosed in November aged 48
    Difficult news at the best of time.
    My OH has been my everything but even more so now.
    My Sisterinlaw has given up her job to care for me, this starts in 4 weeks time. A new experience for all.
    Taking 1day at a time.
    I hope you find the advice and help you need on here.

Hi Crissie

Sorry to hear about Simon. I care for my husband who was diagnosed in 2014. We were beginning to plan for our retirement, we had many plans. It is difficult to come to terms but has you say you have to live life to the full.
    Take has much help has you need from ohers. You need to keep fi and healthy. You will get plenty of help and advise here.

Sue