Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The sense of taste.

Forum Member
    Hi,
    Re the discussion about sweet things - I had a terrible sweet tooth which I no longer have. It's savoury all the way now!
    Bern x

I still have my sense of taste but I am finding I can not tolerate tastes I used to like. I have always used the same brand of sauce in my chicken tikka now I find it too strong also last week Jay made some beef and mash potato which he put lemon grass and a few other herbs . I ate half and the remainder was frozen for use later, last week it was fine today it was so strong I could only eat half of it also having to drink lots of water in between mouthfuls
    Last edited by Rumba; 13th January 2018 at 20:08.

Forum Member
    Hello Rumba!
    Ed is having ceylon chicken tonight extra spicy. We are hoping it is going to arrive soon. I am having half tandoori chicken with a peshwari naan, my favourite! We are in the process of having our wet room done and everything is covered in dust.
    Love Fru xx

[QUOTE=Fru;78349]Hello Rumba!
    Ed is having ceylon chicken tonight extra spicy. We are hoping it is going to arrive soon. I am having half tandoori chicken with a peshwari naan, my favourite! We are in the process of having our wet room done and everything is covered in dust.
    Love Fru xx[/QUOTE

Hi Fru

I used to eat naan bread with my tikka but can't manage that any longer I miss it. Jay would like the extra spicy ceylon too. I can imagine the mess you are in with the wet room but hopefully worth it all in the end

Hopefully see you at the next Cambridge meeting

Andrea

Forum Member
    Ed ate his curry quicker than any other meal he has had for ages. Taste has definitely returned.
    Yes Rumba hopefully we will be at the next Cambridge meeting.
    Best wishes
    Joy xx

Hi Cambridgeshire People;

I like spicy food too, rice can be a problem if it's light and fluffy. I tend to get it over cooked or/and put coconut oil on it to make it heaver and easier to mix and swallow. You can get coconut oil that does not taste much of coconut.

Doubt that I'll make the next meeting, when is it?

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Hi Terry,
    On my card it says that the next Cambridge meeting is Thursday 15th Feb. It's always good to see now familiar faces and new ones too.
    Ed saved some of his curry to have for lunch tomorrow or Monday. Not eating huge meals. Had another fall today but is using his rollator a lot now. He is also good at getting up off the floor. Knees last week, arm today.
    Love Joy xx

Forum Member
    Hi Raj,
    I've been talking Riluzole for just over 6 weeks now. So far my tastebuds seem fine. After a week or so I had a few really good days. I don't know if it was due to the Riluzole or not though.

Fru is 100% right about weight. You can't stop the muscle wastage but you can keep fat on. I had no appetite for 2 weeks and was losing weight. My appetite returned and I'm eating normally. I'm maintaining my weight for now.

You're right on the Riluzole. It can extend your life 2-3 months. You have to get regular blood tests though to check your liver isn't being damage. Unfortunately at present there is nothing that will make you better. Riluzole can only slow it down slightly.

Rick
    Never a victim, always a fighter

Hi Terry,

I've given up on rice - too dangerous - but rice noodles are good with a curry or a stir fry. You could try them maybe?

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Yep, I do have rice noodles with meatballs or sometimes we use tagliatelle. We tend to over cook pastas as well to make them easier to eat.

Glad to hear that you can still enjoy eating a bit.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.