Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow degeration and PIP recieved - what mobility car?

Thanks Terry
    Last edited by Lynne K; 28th January 2018 at 16:37.

Hi Lynne;

I bought a second hand Kangoo about 7 years ago. It had an electric ram which turned out to be invaluable. I had a rail put on the back hinged door with a stay on it to hold it open. A handle put on the other rear door outside and a rail put all the way along to above the drivers door.

I could then drive my scooter straight into the back and walk around shutting doors etc and drive away.

I still use the grab rails sometimes although I am almost wheelchair bound. I have not driven for about 4 years now, so I go in the back and my wife or my granddad drive me.

I decided to buy as it worked out a lot cheaper but you do have all the hassles of running a car which the motability scheme would take away.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi Terry. What Van do you have and where did you get handles put on? Was it inside for helping you get out of your scooter or wheelchair and into the drivers seat? Did you not get motability for your van. If not how would you think private purchase works as opposed to the motability scheme. I'm leaning towards motability because it sounds like a complete package and relatively trouble free. I wouldn't have to worry about servicing or insurance. My insurance would be higher after three and a half yrs as a driving instructor so motability would remove that worry.

I have seen may things but never this Lynne;

You have said thanks before I posted an answer, not so unusual in itself.

I have answered all of the question before you asked it.

Huummm???????????????????????

I best not ask how.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

I got a Ford Grand C-Max with a hoist that can lift 100kg. I had to pay £1, 435 up front. Just as well I'd been saving up for a new teaching car. I got the car about 6 weeks ago and I love driving it. I haven't been out much but it's great to know that I can whenever I do. I'm going to save up for my next vehicle in 3 years and hopefully will be able to get a WAV.

That’s great news Lynne. I’m waiting to see if DVLA will grant me a new license. They are writing to my consultant and if necessary I will take a competency test. My biggest fear is loosing the independence that driving gives us.

Barry x
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Good luck Barry. DVLA rang my consultant and she told them I can drive. So they gave me a 3 year licence. Lynne