Thread: Emg-result

Forum Member

Emg-result

Sorry to bother you again but just received results of my EMG/NCS which i had done on Monday just gone -The Neurophysiolgist that done the test asked me which was worst area and i told him left calf where i had constant fasciculations and what i thought was Atrophy and this was the only area he tested on EMG.

Report as follows:

Nerve conduction tests in the leg are normal and in the left arm show an absent digit V response and borderline slowing of the Ulnar motor conduction around the elbow.EMG of the tibialis anterior and medial gastrocnemius shows ,some chronic neurogenic change in tibalis anterior but normal motor units in medial gastrocnemius.

There is nothing to suggest widespread disease such as MND and it maybe that symptoms in the legs arise from the Lumber spine.

I am not sure what Chronic Neurogenic changes mean and wonder if somebody could enlighten me if they know , I obviously take this report to be positive for me but seeing the word Chronic still worries me.

Many thanks again

Andy

That's something to follow up with your doctor, Andy.

Luckily for you, this forum is not the place for you.

All the best.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    That's something to follow up with your doctor, Andy.

Luckily for you, this forum is not the place for you.

All the best.
    Thank you Ellie , you have been most helpful and i wish you well with your battle with this horrid disease -Take Care