Thread: support in blackpool

Forum Member

support in blackpool

Hi im new to this forum, i am a carer for my mum who has bulbar als , and i wondered if there is any support groups in the blackpool area or anyone living around here, if there is no group, i have looked but i cant find one, then maybe if there are people in this area we could start one up, my mum is newly diagnosed so things are a bit overwhelming at present and support is greatly needed as im sure everyone else feels the same. love jo xx

Newark on Trent
    Hi Jo,

Try to contact as she is nominated as the contact in West Lancashire.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

chorley lancashire
    We have group at Preston hospital we meet every month if your interested mnd association have meeting at samsburry . Gorge Barton trust have a group . I believe mnd association are setting up new group in Blackpool first meeting is very soon

Forum Member
    Hi there murrjo1,
    I live very close to Blackpool & I have been going to the support group in Preston that Kevin mentioned, it’s really good & they are a friendly bunch of people. However, there is a “drop in “ type meeting which is going to be held on 1st March at Blackpool Cricket Club, I think it’s 2 until 4pm. Apparently, they want us to say what we would like to get out of the meetings!
    I feel sure there will be several MND sufferers who will welcome a support group in this area.
    Please PM me if you think I can help. Maeve

Hi all,

I have been given some more details about the drop in on the 1st March, please see the flyer below (click to enlarge):