Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swollen Feet.

Hi All

Is there a similar thing for my arm as my hand is swelling up?

TIA (thanks in advance)
    Last edited by nunhead_man; 20th March 2018 at 13:13.

There's no reason why it shouldn't work on the hands and arms Andy, as long as the circulation is being drawn towards your heart, not the other direction. They come in different shapes and sizes.

You can do range of movement exercises on your joints, as well as massage, to keep blood flowing and stop the joints from seizing up.

You should always check with your GP if you've any concerns.

Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

ok - thanks Ellie

Found this if it helps others .....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...E8D3SAA8&psc=1

hi all
    I use the Cleo active leg massager booties. I have found them good for reducing swelling of my feet, ankles and legs. They come in two different sizes and have variable pressure levels. It's very relaxing to use them. They turn themselves off after twenty minutes.
    Wendy

Hi Wendy;

Do you have the velcro ones?
    How long have you had them?
    How long are they from base of the foot to the top of it?
    Any tips, etc?

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Hi Wendy/ Terry,

I'm wondering the same. Not sure what size to order.

Thanks,

Bern x

hi Terry
    they are boot shaped and they zip oN. They go right up to my knees, they are start to fill up from the bottom and running work up the leg. It inflates and deflates as it goes. The full dimensions of the boots and how to choose from size is detailed on the website.

I have had them a couple of weeks now and tend to use them twice a day, they don't completely take away the swelling but they reduce it a lot. I find the process very relaxing and tend the to doze off. My legs and feet are a much better colour afterwards and they are much less achy.

They do come with massage cream and acupressure foot inserts, I have not tried those yet but will update you when I do.

Wendy x

https://www.club-cleo.com/cleo-activ...ab-information

hopefully the link above will give you size info.
    Last edited by WendyWooG; 24th March 2018 at 14:04.

Hi Nunhead;

Do you plan on buying one of those? If so please keep us updated.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Thanks Wendy;

I have quite a high instep and now thin calf's, I bought some very cheep ones and I could not really get them on and they were too big around my lower legs.

I think that Cleo have now got velcro ones which would probably be a much better fit for me.

Love Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    as well as massage
    Thanks Ellie

Yes, massage is good.

I just noticed that I had one of my regular three weekly / once a month massage / acupuncture sessions last Wednesday with a therapist I've used for years and immediately afterwards my hand was not swollen.

And now (Sunday morning) it's swelling up again – I clearly need to do something more often – I cannot afford to see that therapist once a week!